Chief Marketing Officer at Bento for Business
Bento for Business was founded on the basis that traditional banks are failing small businesses. From limited online and mobile options to narrow product sets, legacy practices and platforms
are not meeting the needs of today’s business owners. As such, Bento’s vision is to be the modern business banking platform for SMBs. The company’s first killer app solves the $3.7 trillion employee expense abuse problem -- a card-based digital spend management solution enabling businesses to proactively manage and control employee spending at the point of sale, prior to
The company is enjoying significant business momentum. Just in the last year we have:
- Tripled revenues
- Doubled our customer base
- Launched 2 significant new products
- Added some exciting new distribution partners
- And just closed a new round of funding to fuel growth
We have seen tremendous growth with 1 product and 1 main marketing channel and with a massively improved product set and ecosystem, we are now ready to build upon this momentum and accelerate growth.
To do this, the company is looking for a seasoned customer-centric, modern marketing executive to build market awareness, and develop and execute high-performance acquisition and loyalty marketing strategies.
Working from the company’s main office in Chicago, IL, the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will be responsible for the full gamut of marketing disciplines, including demand generation, communications, sales and channel enablement, and customer marketing. As a critical member of the management team, the CMO will own the creation, management and execution of on and offline acquisition, onboarding and retention strategies and plans that enable Bento to achieve its financial goals and become the recognized leader in modern SMB financial services.
The CMO will
- Take a customer-minded, data and experience-driven approach to the marketing of Bento.
- Lead all aspects of the go-to-market plan, including identification of key influencers, buyers, industries and segments; product packaging and pricing; and customer acquisition, expansion
- and retention.
- Devise and continually optimize the demand generation mix to drive aggressive sales and ROI
- growth via ecommerce and inside sales channels.
- Build and bolster a world-class, modern marketing team; continually assess talent to identify
- specific organizational needs and opportunities; discern coaching and mentoring opportunities and implement the optimal organizational changes necessary to deliver against the company plan.
- Be a customer and market advocate, taking a proactive approach to press and influencer relations and ensuring that Bento and its CEO are viewed as thought leader and innovator.
- Work closely with product, sales and success leadership to ensure the organization has a complete view of the customer.
- Work cross-functionally as a leader, operator, orchestrator and facilitator.
- Sharp executive who applies data, creativity, experimentation and modern marketing practices to drive strategy, energize marketing and satisfy customers.
- Marketing expert who knows how to acquire customers in the small business segment via ecommerce and inside sales channels; financial services experience helpful, but not required.
- Thinks about marketing success in a holistic way; applies multidisciplinary, “whole-brain”
- approach to problem-solving.
- A successful track record of leading, managing and delivering ROI to B2B marketing
- organizations within a well-regarded, high-growth, successful transactional business.
- Understands what it takes to be successful working in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment at a senior management level of responsibility. Highly adept at building strong
- relationships at executive levels, with sales teams and cross-functionally.
- Relentless about using quantitative and soft skills to achieve measurable marketing success;
- analytical and flexible, grasps nuances.
- Establishes company leadership in new or reinvented categories, using metrics to gauge
- Strategic about using modern marketing practices and channels to drive and continually
- optimize performance of the acquisition funnel and throughout the customer journey
- Proven sales enablement leadership, resulting in significant increase in sales effectiveness.
- Exceptional, strategic communications skills, particularly with customers, partners, industry
- press and analysts.
- Rigorous, creative thinker who approaches marketing to get measurable results without compromising on company values
- Force of nature with the innate fire and drive it takes to be outstanding
- Energetic, dynamic, passionate, assertive and tenacious
- Has the courage to test, refine and implement new ideas
- Personal flair and influence; inspires others to action
- Customer-focused and commitment to quality service (internally and externally)
- Motivated team player with desire to grow a successful company and develop staff
- Excellent group presentation and interpersonal skills, with an ability to write and speak succinctly