Commercial Growth Manager at SpotHero
Who we are:
SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology.
If you want to make the world a better place, it turns out that parking spaces are a fantastic place to start. Why did you miss that critical appointment? Parking. Why were you stressed and sweating on that first date? Parking.
If there were a way to make people impervious to parking problems, that would solve more than just a question about where to leave one’s car. That would help people be fully present in their lives. That would make a difference! That’s what SpotHero does. SpotHero isn’t just in the parking space business, we’re also in the business of creating space for life.
So if you’re looking for a job where there’s space for you--the whole you--and where you get to use all your skills to build something new, exciting, fast-growing, and truly world-changing, then great, come to SpotHero!
What is a Commercial Growth Manager @ SpotHero?
A Commercial Growth Manager is responsible for obtaining new parking supply from current partners, and collaborating with other Supply Team functions to optimize performance at existing locations. This role drives revenue growth through relationship building & engagement, client consultation & education, and up-selling & cross-selling of new products and features. You will act as a strategic advisor to parking partners, to ensure they get the maximum value from the SpotHero platform and that a mutually beneficial relationship endures.
What you will get to do:
- Analyze and optimize SpotHero's parking supply across multiple major markets.
- Balance partner needs with SpotHero offerings to develop optimal solutions for all stakeholders.
- Develop and nurture productive long-term client and industry relationships.
- Lead prospective and existing clients to SpotHero's product offerings through tailored commercial insights and a consultative approach.
- Meet goals around optimizations (add inventory, better/more rates, improve UX), generally improving SpotHero supply.
- Collaborate with Supply Operations function to communicate regularly with existing partners to ensure that operations are constantly running as smoothly as possible.
- Onboard and train new clients. Empower clients’ to manage their day to day requests (including but not limited to incorrect rates and refunds) via SpotHero’s various account management tools.
- Partner with Supply Operations to ensure client requests are addressed quickly and effectively.
- Nurture long-term industry relationships and build trust with clients. Ensure they get the maximum value out of the SpotHero platform.
- Establish regular communication cadences with clients, including informal check-ins and formal business. Typically hosted quarterly, or based on account analysis and operator needs.
- Host or travel to client meetings, events, and social gatherings.
- Attend industry related conferences and tradeshows, if applicable.
- Represent SpotHero and build brand awareness
- Stay current on industry trends
- Identify and research prospective leads to approach during the event
- Build and strengthen relationships with clients through attending social events
- Secure and safeguard data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability and ensure appropriate access levels are maintained
- Group sell with Product Specialists
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 3+ years experience in sales and account management
- Proven consultative sales solution skills with a unique ability to understand client needs
- Proficiency in Challenger or other sales methodology is a plus
You may also have:
- CRM Experience, Salesforce preferred
- BI Tool Experience, Looker preferred
- Active Listening - Attentively listens to others, understanding what is said and repeating what was heard.
- Analytical - Examines information methodically and in detail to solve problems or complete tasks.
- Collaboration - Process of working with multiple individuals to complete a task or achieve a goal.
- Communication - Communicates effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing.
- Confidentiality - Keeps private information secure and ensures account access levels are appropriately set.
- Consultative Selling - Creating value and trust by exploring partner needs before offering a solution.
- Detail Oriented - Pays attention to details and learns to understand causes and not just effects.
- Emotional Intelligence - Handles interpersonal relationships with astute awareness.
- Independent - Not relying on another’s authority.
- Multi-Task - Execute on more than one task at the same time.
- Negotiating - Ability to find an acceptable desired outcome for all stakeholders.
- Patience - Remains calmly focused on resolving issues.
- Persistence - Firm continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition.
- Problem-Solve - Assesses situations quickly and provides creative solutions for resolution.
- Prospecting - Developing a lead list with the intention to convert leads to customers.
- Time Management - Ensures performance helps maintain desired service levels.
Even if you don't check all of the boxes, please still apply! We'd love to meet you + hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
Seeking candidates in the below location:
- Chicago, IL, US
- New York City, NY, US
- Washington, DC, United States
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a leading e-commerce company with the opportunity to grow into any of several roles within the company.
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work/life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Excellent benefits – We cover 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K + company match, and generous parental leave.
- Annual parking stipend (duh- we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive, atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.