Communications and Marketing Director at Morningstar
The Team: Morningstar’s corporate functions play an essential role in supporting our company’s strategic initiatives, day-to-day operations and infrastructure. The Talent & Culture team (known as Human Resources in other firms) is the steward of Morningstar’s unique culture. We design and deliver the end-to-end programs and experiences that support the entire talent lifecycle. By helping Morningstar employees succeed, we contribute to Morningstar’s growth and success.
Morningstar’s Mission and Values:
Empower Investor Success
Putting investors’ interests above all else is the foundation of our company. We believe that our strength comes largely from the faith that investors have in us. Whether we’re reaching investors directly or through advisors and institutions, our ultimate goal is to help the individual investor.
We don’t settle for good. By excelling in research, design and technology, we strive to create industry-defining products that delight our clients and eclipse the competition. Our products must be insightful, innovative, beautiful, and useful, and the service we provide should be as great as the products we create.
We want people who are smart, hard-working, curious, creative, and passionate about their work. We encourage employees to learn and grow throughout their careers. Every person here matters and contributes to our success. We go out of our way to attract, retain, challenge, and reward great people.
Morningstar is successful because investors trust us. We must always approach our work with absolute integrity and independence. We expect all employees to adhere to the highest ethical standards at all times, even if it costs us business.
We believe companies should always grow. Our entrepreneurial roots continue to inspire and guide us as our business expands and matures. We value independent thinking, nimble decision-making, and creative, unconventional solutions.
We believe that when we pursue our mission of empowering investor success, financial success will follow. This allows us to reinvest in our business, build long-term shareholder value, and further our work of helping investors
The Role: As part of a newly formed Employee Experience Team, this role will support the internal, global communications needs for T&C Centers of Expertise (Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Talent Management) as well as T&C Operations. We’re looking for a Communications & Marketing Manager who brings a strategic perspective to writing, while also developing messages that are human-centric. Our employee experience is based in trust, transparency and flexibility, as Morningstar fosters a positive employment brand with employees and the market at large. Morningstar’s culture is a blend of analytical and collaborative styles, so leveraging data and sentiment to create clarity and emotional appeal are essential to the success of the role.
• Partner with T&C leaders in Centers of Expertise and Operations to develop communications that support the deployment of T&C processes and programs
• Collaborate with key stakeholders in other corporate functions such as marketing, communications, and design to ensure a consistent voice for T&C
• Support the message development of a purposeful employee experience, including a marketing/campaign approach to internal branding of core talent programs and initiatives
• Provide messaging and presentation support to the head of T&C for briefings involving our Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and/or Morningstar’s Board of Directors
• Amplify our employment brand through internal and external channels to drive attraction, engagement, and retention, including social media as appropriate
• Oversee the selection of outside agencies or contract talent on an as-needed basis
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing or English preferred
• 10+ years of corporate communications and marketing experience, ideally in human capital domains
• Extensive experience designing and writing human-centered communications that drive clarity, inspire colleagues, and enable business leaders to leverage “HR” policies and programs
• Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) across all organizational levels
• Ability to drive results via collaboration
• Experience with marketing platforms such as Adobe Creative Suite, CMS, Eloqua
Nice to have
Please submit a cover letter and 2-3 writing samples in addition to your resume. Submissions without writing samples will not be considered.