Communications Director, Digital and Social at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and use the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
The Global Communications team exists to support business growth by strengthening and protecting McDonald’s reputation through efforts that stretch across campaigns, media relations, executive and business communications and corporate social media. We are blurring the lines between internal and external communications. Instead, we are using an integrated approach to content development, storytelling, strategic planning, and measurement. Our ultimate goal is to make sure the right messages get to the right people at the right time – regardless of whether that’s employees, franchisees, investors, media, suppliers or partners.
Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. The Communications Director, Digital and Social owns and activates McDonald’s digital and social strategy across the brand’s global owned channels. With an emphasis on how our narrative enhances reputation to ultimately accelerate business growth, the incumbent will be the digital and social media expert. S/he will use data to manage the Brand’s global digital footprint, driving awareness and conversation in a world where campaigns and messages come to life across a myriad of digital media.Qualifications
- Develop and activate the Corporation’s global digital engagement strategy (owned channels – internal and external, corporate social) to generate traffic, incite conversation and drive engagement.
- Foster and grow McDonald’s online community via corporate channels.
- Develop and deploy a robust infrastructure roadmap that yields an exceptional owned channel experience.
- Align corporate social media strategy with paid, search, web, and mobile best practices.
- Evolve and elevate owned channel storytelling through evergreen and timely campaigns in partnership with teams both within and beyond Corporate Relations.
- Collaborate with the content team to sync editorial planning for owned channels with the priorities of the organization at large, and of the Global Communications/ Corporate Relations team (maintain fresh compelling stories, tools, data and videos).
- Integrate business priorities into the owned channel content strategy (encompassing announcements, evergreen content, executive voices and more).
- Apply a data-first approach to content and channel strategies. Establish the right KPIs and apply data and analytics to develop content that resonates with target audiences.
- Optimize content and channels for maximum reach and engagement by uncovering insights and developing actionable recommendations based on performance. Activities could include media strategy development and launch, advancing an insights-led global social strategy and evolving existing digital platforms.
- Occasionally advise teams with paid social and digital media plans and buys.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.