As the Optiver US Communications Manager, you will apply your expert ability to engage a wide range of internal and external audiences. The role requires a strategic approach as well as hands-on execution. The US Communications Manager will report into Optiver US HR team and will be guided by the Group Head of Communications in Amsterdam as the company establishes and builds-out communications departments across global offices. The communications function is an important strategic function involved in attracting and retaining talent in the Chicago and Austin offices as well as building the Optiver brand in the minds of its business stakeholders.
What you'll do:
- Maintain and strengthening the Optiver brand using strategic internal & external communications.
- Full responsibility for internal communications including producing written content, maintaining internal platforms and managing all production elements and processes associated with internal communications.
- Provide support to Recruitment team by developing content and rolling out campaigns to aid recruitment marketing efforts.
- Provide communications support to the local management team as well as to other departments within Optiver US.
- Work with communications teams in other regions to contribute to global communications initiatives while talking full ownership of building and executing local communication, branding and recruitment marketing plans for all US offices.
- Sourcing and managing marketing, media, communication and design agencies and freelancers when necessary.
What you'll need:
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 5-8+ years’ experience in strategic communications role within an integrated marketing context
- Excellent writing skills and expertise in the area of corporate communication, PR and branding
- Experience in the financial/technology industries would be beneficial
- Strategic thinker that is able to challenge the status quo
- Results-driven and thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Highly organized, structured and able to multi-task with ease
- Sense of ethical responsibility and trustworthiness in order to handle sensitive and confidential information with professionalism
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.