About us: RX is a clean-label snack brand with products made from a few simple ingredients and no BS.
RX simplifies food by creating snacks that are real and delicious. It's honest and straightforward—no overblown claims, certifications, or gimmicks. With products including RXBAR, RXBAR Kids, and RX Nut Butter, RX makes food that not only tastes good, but is wholesome and nutritious too.
Communications Manager: As a growing and dynamic company, we rely on a highly-skilled, proactive Brand and Corporate Communications team to craft, amplify and protect our company and brands, driving awareness among a variety of key stakeholders.
The Communications Manager will be charged with supporting both Brand and Corporate Communications initiatives but will focus primarily on Brand. By propelling the company narrative and positively engaging external target audiences, they’ll support overarching business objectives. The Communications Manager will support development of PR strategy and drive execution for all RX Brands including RXBAR, RXBAR Kids, RX Nut Butter and soon-to-launch products in North American and expanded global markets. This will include strategic message development, media relations, campaign amplification and more. The position will work closely with Brand, Partnership (influencer engagement), Media, Social, Activations, E-comm and Service teams to drive steady stream of news and consistency of messaging. Additionally, this role will support ongoing Corporate Communications initiatives supporting efficient, two-way communication flow through the company audiences and drive thought leadership activities.
The role requires strategic thinking and superior communication skills to support the development and circulation of holistic, integrated messaging for external and internal audiences. Proactively mitigating risk and protecting our brand through strategic issues management plan development will be part of this position.
Additionally, the position requires superior communication abilities and an understanding of the media and communication landscape, paired with strong management experience to help guide a PR agency partner. Identifying external opportunities to enhance and protect the RX reputation and the ability to manage issues will be key for success. The role will report to the Vice President of Communications.
The ideal candidate has an ability to develop and rollout cohesive, compelling messaging, work collaboratively with RX and agency team members, and act as a steward of the company’s brand image.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Aid in the creation and own execution of an overarching brand communications plan
- Support the vision and mission of leadership, leveraging internal and external communications to drive our brand’s and company narrative
- Adapt communication strategies to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders and audiences
Campaign Development and Deployment:
- Support media relations strategy and execution for RX, driving proactive and reactive opportunities with local, regional, national and international outlets in trade, business and consumer media
- Develop creative, engaging PR programs to bolster and promote company innovations and news
- Partner with key internal teams to amplify efforts and drive 360 planning
- Work cross-functionally, amplifying key initiatives and campaigns across our direct, strategic and retail business
- Partner with internal teams on developing and articulating consistent company messaging to relevant external stakeholders
- Partner with internal teams to enhance and protect the company brand image by supporting activation of external opportunities to position RX as an industry thought leader
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or a related field required
- 5-8 years of experience in a communications role
- Proactive and skilled communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient at effectively managing workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Self-starter who is extremely result and detail-oriented
- Skilled at presenting ideas clearly and listening effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with multiple teams
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
- Clear communicator and consensus builder, highly organized, very detail-oriented, and able to coordinate projects simultaneously
- Web research savvy, Microsoft Office and Apple Keynote proficiency
Perks & Benefits: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited products (for real), RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.