Communications Specialist at Evive
Evive people are game-changers.
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. More than 11 years later, that spirit still defines our culture. The work we do is redefining how people use their employee benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their benefits investments. We strive every day for the ideal of #benefitslove. Are you one of us?
We’re looking for a well-versed Communications Specialist. Is it you?
You embrace the power of language and craft smart messages that inspire action. But you don’t stop there. A lover of words and clear communication, you also appreciate the tremendous value of good data, reported to your client and your team accurately and on time. You love taking new products and features for a test drive, providing feedback that questions assumptions, looks through the user’s eyes, and makes the user experience even better. You’re a bit of a creative free spirit—but when it comes to your work, you don’t stop until you dot every i and cross every t.
Here’s what a Communications Specialist does at Evive (for people who like bullet lists):
- Collect, evaluate, and report data in order to manage client communications.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all communications delivery.
- Assist in building mapping systems that ensure users receive correct content based on eligibility, medical plan codes, and other demographic assignments.
- Write, edit, proofread, and update all client related content and communications in accordance with Evive style guide.
- Collaborate with team members to identify and exceed client goals.
- Maintain accurate tracking of all deliverables, including templates used, counts, and delivery dates.
- Respond to client demands, as well as internal requirements, while identifying and balancing competing priorities.
- Test and provide feedback for all new products and features prior to release to clients ensuring that they meet all user and design specifications.
- Understand and apply all Evive Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Coordinate with external vendors to resolve data issues including inaccuracies, late/missing data or unexpected formatting.
You bring a lot to the table.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or related field—or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, experience working in data management systems (e.g., Cassandra).
- HTML and CSS a plus.
- Strong ability to understand complex logic.
- Superior proofreading skills.
- Eye for detail and layout consistency.
Evive takes care of its teammates. Here are our current benefits:
- Laid-back office, casual attire—jeans and a t-shirt are always okay!
- Weekly catered lunch + daily stocked kitchen with drinks, fresh fruit, and a variety of other snacks
- Competitive salaries with annual bonus pay
- Paid Time Off—both for vacation and volunteering
- Paid Sick Time
- Two work-from-home days every month
- Employer-paid medical insurance + subsidized vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Student loan assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax commuter benefit + convenient location (right off the CTA blue line and Union Station)
- Treadmill desks: walk and work!
- Company-sponsored book club
- And we watch Jeopardy! every day
If you’re prepared to go big, go bold, and go beyond, you’re ready to go Evive.