Overview of Role:
We’re looking for a great communicator to join TransUnion as a Specialist on our Corporate Affairs & Communication team. This person will join a dynamic communications team that helps build and protect TransUnion’s reputation with key stakeholders worldwide. The ideal candidate will have versatile communications skills – including strong written and verbal communication – and the ability to develop a variety of communication deliverables, working with cross-functional teams within TransUnion and outside agencies.
What we’ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field
- A minimum of 1-3 years relevant professional experience, preferably at a PR agency or in a corporate communications setting
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A positive attitude and the ability to form collaborative working relationships with team members
- Good time management and organization skills
- Creativity, flexibility and initiative
Impact you’ll make:
- Help implement corporate communications programs that build TransUnion’s reputation, including content development, approvals and delivery. Deliverables may include email messages, presentations, media statements, website content, articles, video, talking points, Q&A, social media, digital signage, and more. Communications will cover a broad span of topics such as acquisitions, leadership announcements, earnings, and more.
- Work with colleagues from various departments across TransUnion to support communication projects. Key relationships include colleagues representing public relations, marketing, internal communications, design, social media, legal, and more.
- Support corporate and executive communication programs by helping to execute project plans, including drafting and getting approval of content, and facilitating production with TransUnion’s creative team.
- Support our social responsibility program by helping with our annual corporate social responsibility report and external communications, as well as our GoodWorks volunteer program and related communications, including internal volunteer events and presentations.
- Support projects related to public affairs and issues management initiatives by helping with efforts like media monitoring, content development, research, and project tracking.
- Help prepare reports and presentations that communicate communication effectiveness.
- Help maintain team project calendar and budget.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.