Competitive & Market Intelligence Manager at CCC Intelligent Solutions
CCC Intelligent Solutions Inc. is the technology platform for the P&C insurance economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries - insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more - to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC's network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020 & 2021. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC's success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC's tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 7 locations worldwide and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CCCIS). Find out more about CCC Intelligent Solutions by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
As Manager Competitive & Market Intelligence (CMI), you will be responsible for increasing CCC's overall understanding of key competitor's capabilities and market moves in each market segment where CCC competes. Responsibilities will include regular internal communication on competitive offerings, working with the sales force on competitive positioning, working with product marketing to position CCC effectively, taking on ad hoc assignments to research competition, and working with product management to assess competitive trends and our possible solution responses.
- Understand the market, current and emerging competitive threats, competitors' solutions, product strengths and weaknesses, strategies, and partnerships
- Complete research, analysis, and synthesis of information to understand the competitive landscape, competitor profiles, market position, SWOT analysis
- Create and maintain a scalable repository of competitive information
- Publish regular information on competitive moves in the market
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to create product content to articulate the competitive benefits & differentiators of our product offerings and inform messaging strategies
- Work with the markets to set up feedback loops to funnel information received through customer channels back into CCC competitive positioning
- Formulate competitive sales strategies, positioning and tools (training content, sales alerts, battle cards, product feature and positioning comparisons) to aid sales effectiveness
- Work on ad hoc projects to assess competitive capability and market position
- Be the "Go To" person on questions regarding competition that require fast response
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, sciences, marketing, business, statistics, or other technical area
- 4 or more years of total experience, preferably with a software company
- 2 or more years of experience in a position requiring understanding of competitive threats - for example marketing, product management, sales, or sales engineer
- Strong relationship building skills with external customers and proven experience with interfacing with internal cross-functional teams
- Excellent written communication skills - high level executive briefs as well as detailed analysis
- Excellent verbal communication skills - communicate with business partners, internal audience, senior management executives, technical analysts, developers, & other cross functional staff
- Experience with Insurance or Automotive Service Industry preferred
- Working knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Advanced Excel skills - PivotTables, vlookup, charting, etc.