- OppLoans is a socially responsible, profitable FinTech company that has grown 2000% over the last 3 years, and is backed by a global investment firm with $100M+ in AUMs.
- Recent accolades include being named one of the fastest-growing companies in the USA by Inc. Magazine’s list of 500, 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago, and 6th best company to work for nationally by Glassdoor.
- Customers love our product! We have been widely recognized as having the best customer experience in the industry. See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
- Employees love working here. We have an entrepreneurial and dynamic startup culture that also cares for our employees. Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Content Manager to pitch, research, and write content, as well as manage a bank of freelance writers to produce and publish daily articles.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in journalistic, comedy, or business writing. He or she will be responsible for delivering high-quality, publishable content that will contribute to our brand voice and position as an expert, leader and advocate in the socially responsible FinTech sector.
This full-time position requires the ability to research financial news and topics, identify, approach and interview subject matter experts, edit others’ work, and participate in the promotion of this and other content across all our channels and social media platforms. This is an exceptional opportunity for a professional writer and content producer. Journalistic, SEO, video and professional social media experiences are pluses. If you want to roll up your sleeves and create exceptional written content, we want to hear from you.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- You can write and you can prove it. Serious writing credentials like degrees and publication records are considered and respected.
- You are passionate about bringing written projects to life from ideation all the way through publication and promotion.
- You can identify appropriate topics, experts, and stories to pursue, and you can craft excellent content from them.
- You can write from within (and develop) a brand voice.
- You have significant experience blogging, vlogging and/or contributing to social media campaigns.
- You have experience developing other forms of content like video, data-driven original research, infographics, and/or landing pages.
- Pitch and research stories on assigned personal finance topics.
- Write excellent, engaging articles and content for our audience.
- Work with the larger marketing team to review content and supply text for needed assets across all of our channels (landing pages, email, scripts, and more).
- Provide quality assurance on all deliverables.
- Support and contribute to content updates and web projects.
- Strong research background (journalists, bloggers, public policy, education backgrounds all encouraged to apply)
- Excellent professional writing ability (MFAs, authors, bloggers encouraged to apply)
- BA/ BS required
- 5+ years’ professional work experience
- Strong portfolio of work
- Broad understanding of strategic marketing, traditional media, and the digital marketing landscape including websites, immersive online experiences, display advertising, social media, mobile and more
- Extremely fast-growing company
- Great opportunities to influence brand, marketing department, and character of company
- Competitive salary & benefits package
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Equal opportunity employer
Competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Subsidized daily lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks
- Free health insurance (base plan)
- Free gym membership
- 401(k) with OppLoans match
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- CTA, Metra, and Divvy benefit program
- Frequent office events (happy hours, massages, game nights, sports leagues, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts, etc.)
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Opportunity to attend conferences and courses to keep your mind sharp
- Equal opportunity employer