We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is one of the highest-rated online consumer finance platforms in the industry. As a high-growth fintech company, we provide simple online financial products with an exceptional customer experience to middle income consumers who are turned away by traditional financial providers. We continue to experience significant growth year over year with profitable returns each year and employees have the opportunity to make an immediate impact as part of a growth stage, mission-driven company.
What you get to do:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Content Manager to pitch and produce in-depth and rich content packages that incorporate written, multimedia, and multiplatform storytelling.
You will have a strong journalism background and responsible for content from ideation all the way through production and delivery of assets. You will deliver high-quality, approachable, and rich content packages to contribute to our brand voice and position us as a trustworthy expert for those in need of accessible financial solutions.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who can see the big picture: Can you envision and plan how and where each piece of your story will roll out in addition to how they will come together to fit into the larger content strategy?
Sometimes you will be a reporter and writer; you may also spend time brainstorming about the right way to present an infographic or strategizing the best way to approach a video concept. On a more granular level, the position requires the ability to research financial news and topics; identify, approach, and interview experts; provide feedback on others’ work; and help promote content across all our channels and social media platforms.
- Pitch, research, and provide multipronged stories on assigned personal finance topics.
- Write or produce excellent, engaging articles and content for our audience that can feed into multiple content channels.
- Work with the larger marketing team to assign, produce, and review content for assets that can live across all our existing channels (and maybe even some new ones).
- Manage a content calendar and all media pieces affiliated with it.
- Provide quality assurance and accuracy on all deliverables.
What you will bring to the team:
- Serious writing credentials like degrees and publication records are considered and respected.
- Passionate about bringing projects to life from ideation all the way through publication and promotion; in a nutshell, you can provide a well-developed story pitch and follow-through with all aspects of it on deadline.
- Identify appropriate topics, experts, and stories to pursue, and you can craft excellent, reliable content from them.
- A solid project manager who can successfully assign and track all elements of your story package, whether those elements are assigned internally, externally, or to yourself.
- Write from within (and develop) a brand voice. The ability to hone a conversational, approachable, and humorous tone is a bonus.
- Strong experience blogging, vlogging, and contributing to social media campaigns.
- Experience developing other forms of engaging and rich content like video, infographics, podcasts/audio stories, or other embeddable interactive assets.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.