Content Marketing and Media Manager
As content marketing and media manager, you’ll be a part of the growing content marketing program at SMS Assist. You’ll be the voice of SMS Assist for our Affiliates—our term for service providers who deliver services like HVAC, snow and ice, floor care, landscaping, and more to our customers. You’ll support the creation of marketing collateral, social and web content, Affiliate communications, media pitches, and more. You’ll help launch SMS Assist’s new social media presence and power SMS Assist’s earned media program.
This role reports to the director of content marketing and is part of SMS Assist’s Content Marketing team.
- Partner with Affiliate team to create and manage printed and/or digital collateral including brochures, one-pagers, articles, infographics, product pages, videos, webinars, e-books, emails, newsletters, ads, and other marketing collateral for the Affiliate audience.
- Develop audience-driven digital and social content including blogs, case studies, success stories, and more; optimize posts according to keyword strategy.
- Manage Affiliate communications like new customer announcements, new processes/requirements/expectations, quarterly newsletters, surveys, and more.
- Own our awards, certifications, and memberships program.
- Collaborate with the Design team on blog imagery, as well as videos, social shorts, webinars, and more.
- Support earned media strategy and event thought leadership, monitor media and social media, and track company/industry news.
- Own our social media presence and work with the Marketing team to strategize, plan, and execute social content. Manage online reputation, leverage social listening tools to inform content strategy, engage with our communities, and reply to Affiliate inquiries.
- Work with marketing events manager on thought leadership for conferences, trade shows, sponsorships, and hosted events.
- Measure the impact of the content you create and understand how it performs against our goals. Use our marketing automation platform to oversee our marketing initiatives. Show ROI through creative reporting and analysis on a regular basis.
- Maintain our style and brand guides to ensure consistency, accuracy, relevance, and quality across all content coming out of the Marketing team.
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service - Advanced
- Verbal Communication - Advanced
- Written Communication - Advanced
- Teamwork - Advanced
- Relationships - Advanced
- Organizational Awareness - Proficient
- Learning Agility - Proficient
- Analysis - Proficient
- Problem Solving - Advanced
- Process Orientation - Proficient
- Prioritization - Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, Sprout Social, and top social channels
- Understanding of distribution channels (email, social, paid, direct mail, SEO, etc.)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, writing, or equivalent
- 4 or more years of professional copywriting, editing, and/or digital strategizing experience
- Portfolio of published work
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.