Content Marketing Associate at PerkSpot
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. If you’re a creative and ambitious individual with a knack for writing, then we’re looking for you to join our team as a Content Marketing Associate!
Marketing our services is very important to the work we do here at PerkSpot. This role will be focused on our brand voice and content on all public channels, including our blog, social media, discount site, and marketing site, as well as writing compelling copy for Sales to use across a variety of mediums. As a small team however, everyone is always willing to jump in and lend a helping hand with any of our ongoing projects. This means we are all constantly learning and growing together. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone passionate about content and looking to grow their skills and expertise.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Marketing Team
The Marketing team at PerkSpot is small, but mighty. It’s comprised of talented individuals with a vision for success. As a member of the Marketing team, you’ll have your hands in a little bit of everything - how we engage with prospects, growing awareness for PerkSpot among HR professionals, and always going above and beyond to delight our clients.
Life as the Content Marketing Associate:
- Serve as the voice for the PerkSpot brand and all client-facing communication
- Develop messaging for PerkSpot’s external communications across several digital channels - email, social media, web notifications, blogs, etc.
- Draft and publish thoughtful blog content
- Effectively communicate the unique values associated with a PerkSpot partnership
- Work with our Marketing Designer to conceptualize and design collateral like fliers, infographics, one-pagers, and case studies
- Write content for a variety of sales mediums - presentations, collateral, one sheets, etc.
- Own our brand voice and copy, including how we present ourselves to HR executives of Fortune 500 companies, as well as the users on our platform looking for the best discounts.
- Edit existing branding and sales collateral for voice and tone, as well as content
- Attend regular team and staff meetings to go over company goals, success benchmarks, and sales strategies
What we’re looking for:
- 1-2+ years of experience in content creation or copywriting, preferably in the B2B space
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated content development background with a well-rounded, diverse portfolio
- Creative and thoughtful approach to copywriting
- Familiarity with AP style
- Experience with Wordpress and/or HTML is a plus
- Background with or understanding of the enterprise sales process is a plus!
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research and critical-thinking skills
- Strong work ethic - we love someone who goes above and beyond!
- Attention to detail and organization; ability to meet deadlines and work independently
- Collaborative, team player mentality
- Desire to learn and grow within a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve company goals
Your First Few Months
Culture is very important at PerkSpot, which is why you’ll spend the first few weeks getting the lay of the land and gaining a better understanding of the HR industry in general. You’ll then be immersed in learning all about our identity - visually and tonally - as well as our unique value proposition, and what makes us different from the rest. We’ll then hand over the keys to the castle - our social media accounts - and you'll take charge of its posting schedule, voice, tone, and management as well as taking on blogs and article writing. You will work closely with our designer to create marketing materials for our Fortune 500 clients to advertise PerkSpot and its offerings to a much wider audience and partner with the Client Success and Sales teams to learn all about their current communications. Soon, you will serve as the voice behind the PerkSpot Sales brand, functioning as our in-house authority on all things content and tone.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
Chicago + Remote: We have a solid footprint in Chicago, but we also hire exceptionally talented people who reside elsewhere.
We love the friendships we've forged in our Chicago office. But let's be real; things have changed. We don't plan to all return 100% in-office, but our office and gym are open on an optional basis for all employees who feel comfortable, including happy hours and team events. However, because culture and relationships are important to us, all candidates should be open to being in-office with their teams at pre-arranged times throughout the year. The specifics vary by role, so please discuss your plans with the hiring team.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.