Content Marketing Associate
About G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd’s real-time and unbiased user reviews help you objectively assess what is best for your business. Until recently, selecting business solutions was hard, risky, and inherently biased. G2 Crowd empowers business buying decisions by highlighting the voice of the customer. Our review platform leverages more than 500,000 independent and authenticated user reviews read by nearly 1.4 million buyers each month. Our model brings transparency to B2B buying - changing the way decisions are made.
About the Role
G2 Crowd is looking for a savvy and smart wordsmith to join our content marketing team. The Content Marketing Associate will be responsible for adding to the content marketing team through writing content, supporting senior writers in research and strategy, building an understanding of the business and marketing industries, and creating content to achieve business goals. This person will ideally have a basic understanding of SEO and content optimization, with a strong desire to continuously improve their skills.
- Efficiently research, produce, and publish multiple articles a week; independently manage your writing process.
- Support senior writers in planning, researching, and optimizing content.
- Support backlinks goal by writing guest blogs for other sites, and editing/publishing guest blogs for the G2 Learn domain – learn.g2crowd.com
- Work with senior writers to optimize content for search engines and lead generation purposes.
- Contribute, as needed, to long-form content projects such as lead-gated content such as ebooks, webinars, and more.
- Regularly promote your content on a variety of social media platforms.
- Willing and able to learn how to use HubSpot, our content management system, and Ahrefs, our SEO analysis tool.
- A passion for and an understanding of the industry and our business’ mission.
- Writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content.
- A basic understanding of SEO best practices with a desire and willingness to stay up-to-date on best practices.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines.
- Internship experience, less than two years of marketing and content creation experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or journalism
Why we love G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 Crowd is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of co-workers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2 Crowd.