Content Marketing Manager at Sittercity
Sittercity’s mission is to make child care finally work. We pioneered tech enabled child care in 2001, and we connect millions of parents with babysitters and nannies every year. Recently recognized as a 2018 Chicago Innovation Award winner and one of the best places to work by Crain’s and Built in Chicago, we are building a platform that is radically simplifying the way we find, book and pay for trusted care. Headquartered in Chicago, we serve families and caregivers nationwide.
What You’ll Do
In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to define and grow a national content platform offering families a unique POV on child care, parenting and beyond. The right candidate is a digitally savvy writer and experienced marketing mind who will help with content development, drive thought leadership, manage speaking engagements, build goodwill with influencers, and grow/engage social followers/subscribers organically. The ideal candidate should have command of best practices and trends in content marketing, organic social media, writing/blogging for SEO, PR and earned media, and familiarity with marketing automation tools. Individual should also enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Develop and manage content/distribution calendar to reach our Family and Sitter audiences and spread awareness of our brand.
- Write shareable content appropriate for specific networks to support overall content plan.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram and potentially additional channels.
- Write and manage copywriters to support Product Marketing, Business Development, Thought Leadership, Corporate Comms and Email Marketing efforts
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing customers and from brand new audiences that don’t yet know us.
- Organize plan and execute thought leadership opportunities, special promotions and events.
- Monitor closed-loop analytics to understand how our marketing activity turns into awareness/customers/repeat customers from the content, social and event channels.
- Identify and build relationships with prominent influencers and thought leaders in our space.
- Match internal content creation with external influencers who would enjoy receiving it or want to contribute themselves.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- Proven writer with experience writing/blogging for B to C brands, (portfolio required).
- 3+ years experience in content development, social media and influencer marketing.
- Proven experience developing content, using social, influencer and email marketing to drive acquisition and retention.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Bonus experience and skills include working in a platform business model and demand generation marketing.
- Passionate self starter, problem solver, eager to dive in and learn and get work done.
Sittercity is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.