Content Marketing Specialist
SpotHero is seeking a Content Marketing Specialist to join our growing B2B Marketing team! We’re looking for a strong, self-motivated writer with experience crafting both short- and long-form copy for multi-touch marketing campaigns. You’d be responsible for creating content and campaigns from start to finish: from identifying topics for and writing engaging long-form content for lead gen/nurture to promoting those assets through social media, email, events, and other channels. You’ll also apply your expertise to sales materials like slick sheets and sales decks. If you’re a creative, collaborative writer who’s ready to help position SpotHero as a mobility industry leader while enabling the acquisition of new clients and partners, then this is the role for you!
What will you do?
- Write long-form content for lead generation and lead nurture (ebooks, whitepapers, infographics) to be used in marketing automation campaigns.
- Create sales enablement materials, including decks, one-sheeters, and other materials, as needed.
- Source and write case studies, client stories, and testimonials.
- Campaign copy for B2B, Marketing, and other non consumer facing audiences.
- Secure and create content for conferences, including presentations and panels.
- Manage event coordination and conference logistics.
- Identify and evaluate advertising and promotional opportunities.
- Lead social media promotion for events, press, and publication.
- Write monthly articles for parking trades.
- Write copy for consumer transactional email campaigns.
- Proactive. You are inspired by taking initiative, developing new strategies, and thinking about what’s next.
- A strong writer. People have always said you could be a writer, and you are confident and effective in written communication.
- Detail-oriented. You will be trusted with one of SpotHero’s most delicate relationships -will need to check your work, and check it again.
- A creative thinker. There is no right way to do this job, you like thinking outside the box and come up with innovative solutions.
What you bring:
- 3-5 years relevant experience working on a B2B technology solution required
- Experience with B2C marketing preferred
- Experience with WordPress required, CSS/HTML experience preferred
- Extremely strong writing skills—you’ll be drafting and editing a lot of content. Journalism background a plus (we’ll be asking for writing samples)
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, 401k retirement savings plan, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.