CONTENT MARKETING SPECIALIST
We’re here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We’re here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
CONTENT MARKETING SPECIALIST
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a skilled writer but also someone who can produce and publish internal and external digital content (think blogs, social media, SEO-focused content, internal/external newsletters, email campaigns, etc.). The ideal candidate knows how to draw an audience and drive action, understands the nuances of writing content for a variety of formats and channels, and can quickly adapt to the Centro voice and tone. We’re looking for a creator extraordinaire who is a seller and solutionist, a trend-watcher or better yet - a trendsetter—a pragmatist, a self-starter, and a storyteller. This individual will report to the Content Marketing Manager.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Marketing team at Centro collaborates across-teams with the sales, customer success, media operations, product and executive management teams, events, and supports a number of key functions in delivering differentiated messaging and positioning across several business lines. We help the marketplace better understand the value of working with Centro by providing them with usable, relevant content and industry-focused events; we provide input based on market intelligence to the product team in order to set development priorities; and we help our client-facing teams better understand their target prospects, delivering marketing support grounded in achieving desired revenue outcomes.
- Brainstorm, create and transform ideas into stories for all types of marketing materials including: blog posts, emails, landing pages, sales collateral, presentation decks, newsletters, videos, social media and event materials.
- Collaborate closely with Event Marketing, Media Innovations and Technology, Product Marketing, Sales, and other internal subject matter experts to tell the brand story to our customer segments.
- Continually innovate, identifying new and more enticing ways to tell and share the Centro story.
- Research and write on a wide-range of topics in the digital advertising industry.
- Ensure content is consistent and on-brand (style, tone of voice, personality) and optimized for search, social and across all channels (i.e., mobile, video, email etc.). The ability to create SEO driven copy is essential to success in content marketing and this position.
- Be the arbiter of best practices in grammar, writing, and style.
- Manage an editorial/social media calendar consistently meeting dates and deliverables on a daily/weekly basis.
- Ability to work out of design templates to edit/resize photos and/or create and build social media tiles.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of copywriting experience at an agency or in a marketing department
- Bachelor's degree in English or Journalism or related equivalent experience
- An understanding of SEO-driven content and the ability to create it
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience creating content for digital, mobile, social, and video
- Experience marketing to marketers/agencies, or B2B
- Team player with a positive attitude who enjoys collaborating with a high-performing group
- Strong collaborator with ability to work across various departments and teams to create results
- Positive, open, curious, and self-motivated individual
- Operates with low ego and shows a willingness to jump in and help where needed
Please submit 1-2 writing samples or add your web portfolio URL to the designated line item upon applying for this role.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability or any other basis protected under the law.