Content Marketing Specialist
Spothero is currently seeking a consumer-facing Content Marketing Specialist with experience writing engaging and comprehensive web content in a way that engages the reader and encourages interaction.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of transportation's hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will do:
- Write, proof and edit web and/or app content in a unique and engaging voice.
- Update and manage existing web content to ensure content is fresh/evergreen.
- Publish web content via Wordpress and other tools including internal systems.
- Manage content requests across departments and manage internal stakeholders.
- Conduct topic and content research and conceive unique editorial.
- Include supporting information such as charts, graphs, and/or imagery.
- Work closely with marketing and product teams to remain focused on top priorities, incorporate visual and data elements, and to ensure best practices and overall brand conformity.
- Write effective page titles and meta descriptions, complete with calls to action, to ‘win the click’ over competitors in search engine ranking.
- Ensure grammatical accuracy, message clarity and a consistent style and voice throughout all content
Who you are:
- Proactive. You are inspired by taking initiative, developing new strategies, and thinking about what’s next.
- A strong writer. People have always said you could be a writer, and you are confident and effective in written communication.
- Detail-oriented. You will be trusted with one of SpotHero’s most delicate relationships -will need to check your work, and check it again.
- A creative thinker. There is no right way to do this job, you like thinking outside the box and come up with innovative solutions.
What you have:
- Compelling examples of engaging and impactful B2C web content.
- 1-2 years of professional marketing and/or copywriting experience.
- Experience working with content calendars and content briefs.
- Basic understanding of SEO & HTML.
- Basic understanding of Wordpress is a plus but not required.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities independently and under deadline.
- Accuracy and attention to detail absolutely essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills; team player
- Social media experience is a plus but not required.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we're a parking company!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.