Job Opening: Content Specialist
What we do
Strike Social harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to drive the best outcomes in YouTube and social media advertising. Through media-buying software and service, Strike Social manages 15,000+ campaigns each day for the world’s leading agencies and brands, including Beats, Xbox, Honda, Mattel, Lionsgate and Trunk Club. With a workforce presence in 16 major markets — including headquarters in Chicago and offices in Kraków and Manila — Strike Social was recently named the No. 17 fastest-growing private company in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine. Learn more at strikesocial.com.
What you will do
- Assist in developing content strategy, implementation and procedure for multiple brands
- Manage social media channels for multiple brands
- Support the development of marketing communications plans
- Write sales-enablement materials as well as client communications to help attract and retain business
- Craft bylines and other perspective pieces on behalf of company leadership
- Collaborate with graphic artists and data scientists to create websites, infographics, data reports, and more to accomplish business goals
- Shepherd content through project management systems, ensuring projects are completed on time and on target
- Share content across multiple channels — email, social and more — to ensure maximum exposure
- Monitor, track and report on content performance while offering suggestions for continuous improvement
- Content marketing success as part of an in-house or agency team
- Demonstrated familiarity and knowledge of online, social media and blogging communities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with WordPress, Trello and other content and project management tools
- Proficient in AP style
- Familiarity with SEO tools, such as SEMrush and Moz.
- Familiarity with photo and/or video editing tools is a plus
Your skills and abilities
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize and handle time efficiently
- Familiarity with strategy planning, tactics and community management for social media channels.
- Eye for detail
- Creative, persistent, focused, self-motivated, driven and fun (please hit the back button and turn around if this doesn't sound like you!)
- Appetite for learning –– about digital media, new markets, social media.
- B.A. in Journalism, English or related field or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in content marketing
- Social media management experience required
- SEO knowledge desired
- Strong writing samples (writing samples or a link to your online portfolio must be included with your application)
Working at Strike Social
Strike Social is a close-knit, work-hard/play-hard environment. If you want a fun, challenging and rewarding experience, apply to join our team! Aside from standard (and generous) employee benefits, Strike offers unlimited PTO, an open office environment, casual dress code, a spectacular Loop location and frequent team outings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.