Are you a writer who’s passionate about the role of content in building brand awareness, generating new business and making a real business impact?
Sprout Social is looking for a Content Specialist to join our team. This individual will be responsible for developing content that supports our awareness and acquisition goals, builds interest in our products and helps our audience hone their skills as social marketing experts. In this highly collaborative role, you’ll bring a strategic and creative mindset to creating content like blog posts, guides, lead generation resources and more. This role will be roughly 75% focused on content creation and 25% on other responsibilities.
Our software is used by more than 20,000 brands worldwide including Grubhub, Evernote, Subaru and Edelman. These organizations rely on Sprout to create strong relationships with their customers through social media. The content you create will help us attract new prospects and deliver more value to our audience.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in developing, writing and editing content, scoping projects and consistently meeting deadlines, following SEO best practices, collaborating across teams and reporting on the performance of their content. They will have experience analyzing data to inform content ideation, identify opportunities and uncover actionable insights.
If you’re interested in joining a growing company committed to building an industry-leading content team, we’d love to talk with you!
Within one month, you will...
- Attend Sprout Social new hire training to learn about our company, culture, values and products and understand the value we deliver to customers
- Meet with key partners on the buzz, acquisition, customer, creative and marketing development teams to learn about the scope of their work and past content collaborations
- Develop a firm understanding of Sprout’s brand positioning and writing guidelines
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout’s publications, data reports, guides and existing content
- Soak up knowledge from every team you interact with and ask a lot of questions
Within three months, you will...
- Report monthly on content performance
- Have a strong understanding of Sprout’s audience and how we think about different audience personas
- Write regularly for our Insights blog and guides, focused on social media and marketing strategy, tactics and career advancement in social
- Understand the ins and outs of project management and content tools like Jira, Wordpress and Smartsheet
- Have the ability to confidently use our research and measurement tools including Google Analytics and Sprout Social Listening
- Work closely with team members to provide input on content distribution strategies and create content informed by insights from their disciplines
Within six months, you will...
- Have a strong understanding of the B2B SaaS model, our awareness and customer acquisition strategies and key metrics
- Work with our co-marketing partners to develop new lead generation content, and support larger co-marketing campaigns
- Contribute to data-based content informed by consumer surveys, social listening and other tools
- Become familiar with Salesforce and how to pull reports to assess the impact of content and identify actionable insights
- Be comfortable and proactive about working with our team and collaborators to give feedback, push the creativity of our content and bring strategic insight to the table
Within 12 months, you will…
- Proactively identify content opportunities to improve lead generation, drive trials and increase customer acquisition, and lead execution on these initiatives
- Explore new strategies and content formats to reach and influence Sprout’s target audiences
- Develop and lead cross-functional projects in support of our acquisition goals
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change our team and marketing efforts in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members