Content Writer at Kin Insurance
!Sorry, this job was removed at 4:25 p.m. (CST) on Friday, February 14, 2020
Kin Insurance is an insurance technology company that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We’re looking for self-motivated thinkers who want to make a lasting impact on our industry. We value tackling challenges through collaboration and empathy, and we constantly foster an environment where employees feel empowered to pursue new ideas, develop their skills, and create solutions together.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer flexible vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
What’s the Role?
We’re hiring a content writer to support the content and marketing team and help us grow our organic search footprint. The content writer will be responsible for creating educational articles, reports, product content, and other marketing materials.
A Day in the Life Might Include:
- Producing well-researched, fact-checked content for online publication
- Meeting daily and weekly project deadlines and adhering to an editorial calendar
- Developing content for multiple platforms, such as the website, email marketing, product descriptions, videos, social media, and blog
- Working closely with the content director and other marketing stakeholders
- Conducting competitive research to suggest editorial ideas and potential content partnerships
- Conducting interviews with subject matter experts to use in blogs, articles, and internal communications
- Monitoring key performance indicators to offer suggestions for content improvement
- Using SEO best practices in writing to maximize performance in search results
I’ve Got the Skills, but Do I Have the Necessary Ones?
- Proven record of creating compelling SEO content demonstrated in a professional portfolio
- Impeccable grasp of the English language
- Strong communication skills and willingness to collaborate across departments to source data and information
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth, deadline-based environment
- Strict adherence to the Chicago Manual of Style (we like Oxford commas around here)Proficiency with Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Moz, and SEMRush preferred
- Experience with link building and backlink outreach preferred
- Familiarity with the financial services industry preferred
- Experience with CMS, such as Hubspot, Wordpress, or DNN preferred but not required
Benefits: We’ve Got You Covered
We recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter benefit plans
Flex spending accounts
Parental Leave Program
Onsite gym membership
Company provided lunch several times a month
Rotating option of snacks, daily
Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
We also offer the option of remote work for content writers. Apply today!
Read Full Job Description