Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
The Creative Team operates as an in-house agency, collaborating with internal clients across departments including Marketing, Sales, Product, HR, Merchandising, and more. Our copy, design, and photo production teams work together to create engaging, dynamic creative for both external and internal audiences, doing our part to grow the Trunk Club brand for a national audience.
What you’ll do
- Deliver expressive, sophisticated, and magnetic copy for day-to-day materials including blog articles, email, paid and organic social, media placements, and other marketing deliverables
- Use your command of language—grammar, punctuation, and proofreading—to develop and edit error-free content
- Collaborate with designers to ensure cohesive written and visual messaging for all deliverables
- Review and analyze client briefs prior to kickoff meetings to familiarize yourself with each project
- Participate in various kickoffs and brainstorm sessions in order to ideate around creative assignments
- Possess a thorough understanding of Trunk Club tone, voice, personality, and brand standards to be a champion for the brand and uphold it in all deliverables
- Partner with project managers and business stakeholders in all stages of projects, to communicate timelines and deliver materials that meet the needs of specific assignments and target demographics
- Participate in photo and video shoots as necessary to ensure visuals obtained on-site meet the needs of client briefs
- When necessary, flex as an editor for yourself or your fellow copywriters
Who you are
- A self-starter with 5+ years of copywriting and/or content development experience within an in-house corporate or agency environment; retail or apparel industry experience a plus
- An exceptional writer with expertise in AP Style
- A conceptual thinker with the ability to articulate vision to designers, photographers, videographers, etc.
- Someone who “yes ands” briefs as well as the work in order to push overall team performance
- Receptive to feedback from clients, creative teammates, and project leads
- Able to thrive under pressure in a busy, fast-paced environment balancing multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Passionate about the fashion/retail industry as well as writing, keeping up with current trends within both spheres
- A collaborative, supportive person who understands that positively contributing to team culture is as important as submitting great work
- A college grad with a Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, English, literature, journalism, communications, or similar
How we work
- With others. Work closely with cross functional partners in technology, operations, sales, finance and other product groups to develop a roadmap and deliver on goals
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- Located in Chicago’s popular River North neighborhood
- Team outings
- Nordstrom merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee shop
Please note: All submissions for this position must include an online portfolio showcasing recent work.