Copywriter at Everspring
Join some of the world’s best problem-solvers, pioneers, and out-of-the-box thinkers.
EmergingEd is a leader in online skills training. We offer online upskilling courses in some of the most in-demand professional development areas to help individuals stay on the leading edge of major trends and emergent knowledge gaps. Our dynamic and innovative team shapes the culture of our company and powers our success. We are not a typical online education company – EmergingEd’s unique approach influences everything we do.
Our Marketing team is the voice of our online programs. This is a team of creatives, storytellers and problem-solvers who are champions of our products and students. We’re a passionate, high-performing team that delivers impactful and interesting educational products and services to our customers.
The copywriter will be responsible for developing marketing and editorial content that supports new and existing brand efforts, including blog posts, direct mailers, email campaigns, website copy and landing pages, social media posts, video script, interviews, print and digital advertising campaigns, sell sheets and presentations. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and pivot seamlessly between products and project types. Plus, this individual should be able to proactively collaborate with all project stakeholders, taking initiative to start conversations, explore concepts and gather facts as needed to execute on-target end products.
This role will report to the senior copywriter and will partner with other members of the marketing and product teams. Candidates for this role should have at least 2-3 years of professional marketing and copywriting experience, with proven command of long and short-form copy, preferably with a focus on creating direct-to-consumer, product marketing content.
This role is located in Chicago, IL.
- Develop effective copy that aligns with marketing strategy to support eCommerce, lead generation, nurturing and conversion across marketing mediums (website, emails, campaigns, blog articles, social channels, etc.)
- Develop content around the brand to be used in pitching new partners and corporate sponsorships
- Establish understanding of EmergingEd’s programs, partners, products, markets, target customers and competitive advantages
- Maintain a consistent track record of developing copy that is well received by customers
- Help update and maintain brand style guides, tone and positioning
- Propose, create and implement new projects that help improve funnel conversion rates
- Become proficient in project management software and take ownership of status updates on all assigned projects
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related field
- At least 2-3 years professional experience in copywriting and content creation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable delivering internal and client presentations
- Proficiency in AP Style
- Advanced copywriting and editing capabilities
- Must have strong attention to detail, including consistency in style and tone
- Demonstrate personal initiative and the ability to self-start upcoming projects
- Work collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams, including those in content development, design, acquisitions, learning and instructional design, admissions, client engagement and technology
- Ability to interpret feedback from partners, quality assurance analysts and marketing peers and execute accordingly, providing thoughtful deliverables that are on-target with project goals
- Demonstrate a strong portfolio that provides effective, brand aligned copywriting across multiple mediums
- Manage project timelines in a way that allows for necessary research and/or interviews before executing content development
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines, pivoting as needed in response to changing priorities
- Strong time management skills and the ability to track your own schedule of deliverables
*Portfolio required to be considered for position
EmergingEd is an equal opportunity employer.