Corporate Communications Specialist at SPINS LLC
Who We Are
For 20+ years, SPINS' mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
SPINS is seeking to add a Corporate Communications Specialist to its growing communications team.
The Corporate Communications Specialist will implement the communications strategy set by the Vice President of Communications which encompasses a broad and diverse range of business and marketing communications.
What You Will Do
- Assists in the development and implementation of a communications strategy for the corporation that builds and maintains a positive corporate brand.
- Develops social media content plans that are consistent with the company’s brand identity.
- Create consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms, including writing and editing social media posts, improving customer engagement, and promoting social media campaigns.
- Manage a high volume of daily social media posts.
- Communicate with social media followers, including responding to queries in a timely manner.
- Report on social activities monthly
- Executes on the trade show strategy
- Plan the scope of the event for the organization
- Work with the event host to ensure that required services are provided
- Monitor event activities to ensure satisfaction of attendees and the organization
- Provides consistent and timely information to employees through various communications programs.
- Develops and maintains positive professional relationships with various members of the media.
- Responds to members of the media in a timely manner; composes and distributes press releases as needed
- Assists executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other important corporate messages.
What You Bring
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized with strong attention to detail.
- Superior ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for corporate and external publications.
- Ability to offer sound media relations advice to senior leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with corporate management, employees, media, and the larger community.
- Ability to coordinate efforts of various teams in order to present a coherent message.
- 3+ years of experience in public relations, marketing or related field
- Proven social media track record
When we began working from home in March, we were committed to keeping the healthy and active SPINS culture for our employees. Keeping the culture is high priority to us as we have continued to hire and onboard new employees even while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. While we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted 8 hours to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.