Customer Growth Strategy Lead
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Customer Growth Strategy Lead will work with a team of Managers and Analysts to develop and implement customer-focused strategies for Grainger. This role will interact with leaders across the U.S. business on decisions that help us grow with new and existing customers and improve our market share, profitability, and competitive advantage. This role will lead the development of specific customer growth strategies and manage the cross-functional projects required to test and scale supporting components.
- Coordinates with a variety of internal partners to develop a robust point-of-view on our current offer for new and existing customers
- Identifies opportunities that could improve Grainger's value prop or make us more relevant to customers
- Presents findings to senior leaders across the U.S. business and gains alignment on growth opportunity priorities and funding
- Manages cross-functional initiatives to develop, test, and scale new growth strategies
- Indirectly manages high-performing team members with strong capabilities in strategic thinking, marketing, analytics, and cross-functional development
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- MBA or related Master's degree
- 5+ years of total work experience with 2+ years of post-MBA experience at top-tier strategy consulting firm (e.g. BCG, McKinsey, AT Kearney)
- World-class strategic and analytical capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity
- Strong strategic aptitude with the ability to translate strategies to tactics
- Strong ability to identify, prioritize, and structure work that enables development and testing of scalable concepts
- Preferred: Successful experience building and executing effective growth/ go-to-market/ marketing strategies within an industrial, retail, or distribution business
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.