Customer Marketing Manager at BenchPrep
BenchPrep is looking for a Customer Marketing Manager to build a community of fanatic BenchPrep advocates through marketing communications and programs. We are a fast-growing edtech company that just launched a new product. This year, we will double our number of customers, and we need someone to help support our aggressive renewal and upsell revenue goals while telling our customers’ stories and turning them into loyal BenchPrep fans. The right candidate for this role will have skills that span from strategic market and data analysis to creating engaging marketing and adoption programs, as well as motivating customer advocates.
This is the right role for a natural storyteller and full-stack marketer who is excited by the prospect of owning everything from customer analytics to program execution.
In this role, you will report to the VP of Marketing and be responsible for partnering with our Customer Success team and our Demand Generation marketing team in order to drive product adoption and retention through customer-facing programs.
- Own key elements of the development and execution of BenchPrep’s customer advocacy program - creating a community of fans that result in increased referrals, case studies, testimonials, reviews, awards, etc.
- Develop a multi-channel marketing program, then proactively engage and educate customers through it so they fully understand the value of their BenchPrep implementation. Test and improve the program along the way
- Work with our Digital Marketing and Operations team to create customer advocacy automated emails, social recognition, and an ongoing cadence of general communications
- Develop marketing messaging and strategy for customers who engage with our inbound marketing and demand generation activities (webinars, eBook downloads, events, etc.)
- Identify and build customer advocacy activities to support key initiatives such as social sharing of content, community contributions, and referrals
- Create and manage a customer case study pipeline and customer asset library
- Manage and optimize the customer reference program, including reference-request fulfillment, grooming data, and advising sales and the broader marketing team on how to utilize references and corresponding assets.
- Manage projects, schedules, workflows, deadlines, and costs associated with marketing activities to ensure that expected results are delivered on time and within budget
- Produce monthly/quarterly reporting and regular communications to leadership and key stakeholders
- 3-5 years experience in B2B marketing or customer marketing role; SaaS is preferred
- Ability to lead and execute cross-channel programs and collaborate with multiple BenchPrep teams to drive customer engagement
- Analytical and strategic problem-solving skills with a focus on tactical, practical execution and driving results
- Passion for customer happiness
- Experience with Salesforce and Hubspot is a plus
- Creative storyteller with solid writing skills with experience managing Customer Marketing and all content creation efforts, including case studies, testimonials, and social media.
- Strong ability to collaboratively articulate end-to-end customer vision, strategy, and plans to a wide variety of internal and external audiences, with examples of results converting strategy to execution.
- A programmatic mindset and a proven record of building programs to scale to support business objectives
- Exceptional executive-level communication skills to create and convey customer objectives, success strategies, and customer insights for internal and external stakeholders including customers and leadership
What are we interviewing for?
- Willing to roll up your sleeves
- Fast-paced mentality
- Creative, yet precise
- HubSpot Experience
- Data-centric and tech-focused personality
- Previous project ownership
- Works well with others
- Eager and understands the potential growth of an organization they can be a part of leading
- Understands marketing funnel and importance/value of Inbound Marketing
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.