Customer Marketing Manager
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last nine years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 185 team members, and we’ve created an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work.
It is with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Customer Marketing Manager to our Product Marketing team. This person will focus on the success and growth of our existing customers. You will be our customers’ biggest fan internally and run campaigns to boost their adoption and use of - as well as their success with - our product.
As our Customer Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for:
Plan and execute customer marketing strategy - You will own the marketing strategy focused on product adoption and overall success of our existing customers. Understanding varying preferences and behaviors, you will deliver messages across channels including email, SMS, and in-application, to name a few.
Drive engagement and build rapport with customers - You will connect with customers to ensure continued adoption, education and success throughout the customer lifecycle. You will further lead and manage customer engagement and communication programs that drive upsell and expansion opportunities.
Create advocates - You will lead and manage customer advocacy programs, such as in-person/virtual events, workshops, annual conferences, award programs and ongoing nurture campaigns.
Measure and optimize campaign performance - Using Salesforce and Hubspot, you will measure and report on campaign success and broader business results including warm leads generated and opportunities created.
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
A creator and a doer - You have a desire to own both strategy and execution for all customer marketing campaigns and communication. You will proactively develop plans, write content, roll out and measure results.
A strong communicator - You have excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal. You command attention when you present and love getting in front of large groups.
Analytical - You have the ability to extract meaning from data and use findings to tell a cohesive, easily understood story.
Efficient at multitasking - You thrive in an environment where you are managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders at the same time.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Customer Marketing Manager candidate. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience
Past experience in communications, marketing, analytics, or related field
5+ years experience in B2B marketing demand generation, product marketing, customer marketing or equivalent
Strong writer and content creator (including blog posts, ebooks, and other customer-facing resources).
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with our Marketing team to discuss how your past experiences will enable you to be successful in this role. Be prepared to walk us through your sales experience with examples of how you have done it in the past. No homework or on-the-spot assignments. We just want to see how you would make an impact in this role.
- Take a strategic critical thinking assessment that determines how we can develop you at Hireology.
- Provide us with some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our senior leadership team including our VP of Marketing.