Customer Marketing Specialist
Sprout Social is looking for a Customer Marketing Specialist to help with the onboarding, retention, growth, and the creation of raving fans amongst our customers.
Working with the Sr. Manager of Customer Marketing Strategy, you’ll be responsible for helping to grow our customer base and develop programs that will positively impact our net revenue retention.
We’re looking for a passionate, curious, detail-oriented, self-starter to work on and manage our customer initiatives. Our ideal candidate has previous experience working with B2B SaaS companies. You understand what makes customers tick, the importance of tracking performance and have ideas on how to continuously improve the customer experience. You have worked with account management teams in fast paced environments and have knowledge of Salesforce, as well as social media management. If you’re interested in joining a growing team and making an impact on how customers use Sprout each day, we’d love to talk to you.
Our marketing team has helped us reach 25,000 customers worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. The strategic programs you create will have a direct impact on our customer growth.
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout’s brand, values and processes
- Meet with key partners in the Marketing and Success organization to understand roles and responsibilities, current goals, challenges, areas where customer strategy can provide the most value, and how to best collaborate together
- Learn about and be trained on Sprout’s customer segments, current customer initiatives, and how we think about customer “jobs to be done"
- Participate in the team’s agile marketing process
- Review and learn the ins and outs of our customer lifecycle programs, including onboarding, journey mapping and measuring success
- Meet our counterparts in Success and understand the current working relationship
- Get up-to-speed on our current paying customers and the metrics that drive us
Within 3 months, you will...
- Review and begin to take on operational responsibilities, including: the monthly customer newsletter, welcome kits, invites to cohort training, general email tracking and effectiveness, and measurement of recorded and live webinars
- Have familiarized yourself with our Marketing and Success organizations and established yourself as a trusted partner within the ecosystem
- Know our customers - who they are, why they love us, how we can improve, what makes them tick, and how we can better support them
- Identify opportunities to support our Customer Growth team by creating lead lists within our install base
- Bring your marketing acumen, knowledge on social media channels, and customer marketing expertise to elevate Sprout’s efforts
- Partner with our Strategy and Product Marketing teams to identify communication channels, segmentation and content for customers, this includes customer newsletters, email communications, Intercom and the creation of templates for the Success team
- Work with our design and development teams to facilitate creation of customer marketing resources
- Learn our tracking and measurement processes, and begin to own KPI reporting
Within 6 months, you will...
- Propose ways to optimize and scale our current customer efforts
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams—including our Brand, Events, Product Marketing, Product Education, and Sales teams—to understand and execute on integrated customer education efforts
- Execute day-to-day operations, like on-boarding, newsletters, customer communications, and welcome initiatives
- Project manage and facilitate creation of marketing materials
- Work with Product Marketing to support new customer launch initiatives, as well as ongoing feature adoption and product usage
- Have a firm grasp on our business and understand your role in helping Success retain and grow customers, as well as create raving loyal fans
- Develop email growth campaigns to help qualify opportunities for the Customer Development team
- Begin to explore tactics to winback past customers
- Measure success for each campaign and tactic
Within 12 months, you will...
- Participate in cross-functional marketing team initiatives to support integrated marketing campaigns
- Test and iterate on our customer marketing initiatives
- Own reporting and tracking for our customer marketing efforts
- Have tested, failed, learned and applied new tactics into our marketing arsenal
- Who knows! Part of joining a company at this size and growth curve is being comfortable with some unknowns, and an evolving set of responsibilities
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please
click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster and (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!