Demand Generation Director
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair and safe. Since then, we’ve strived to enhance the security and reduce the costs and pain points of international money transfer.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Director of Demand Generation to lead Pangea’s Acquisition and Retention Marketing who will drive multi-channel customer acquisition, retention, and conversion efforts. In this role you will oversee acquisition marketing in a high-growth environment using a full marketing mix, including search, social, affiliate and display. You will create and drive strategy to retain customers and reduce churn partnering with life-cycle marketing, loyalty programs and product teams. You will drive our promotional offer strategy along with the life-cycle manager. Develop a pipeline for innovation across marketing channels, promotional offers and messaging, using A/B and multivariate tests to test hypotheses.
The ideal candidate is able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment, has a roll up your sleeves attitude, and an entrepreneurial spirit. This is a highly visible role within the organization.
- Oversee all aspects of the mid to lower funnel consumer journey, including: consideration, acquisition, and retention.
- Own forecasting, strategy, execution, and performance reporting process and analysis on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Develop and execute high-level marketing strategy and activities to drive both new user growth and repeat transfer while enhancing the overall customer experience.
- Oversee work completed by the digital agency, consultants, and partners in executing campaigns, building reporting,and sharing customer and performance insights.
- Identify and prioritize acquisition channels that provide the lowest cost per acquired customer (CAC) and greatest return on marketing budget, including SEM, Paid Social, Affiliates, retargeting, content marketing, and website management.
- Develop and execute triggered, personalized marketing campaigns that increase engagement, retention and LTV.
- Partner with lifecycle specialist to ensure synergies between your channels and ongoing CRM & loyalty campaign development, testing, management and optimization of marketing strategies to drive customer loyalty.
- Deliver targeted content and offers to key customer segments based on transactional and behavioral data through email and other key channels (e.g. in-app, push, Facebook, etc.).
- Create and track programs to drive email acquisition, loyalty opt ins and app downloads.
- Track, evaluate, and disseminate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual program learnings/performance to optimize programs.
- Work with specialized agencies to assist in achieving marketing goals.
- Provide input on models to define profitability and LTV of acquired customers, using data to refine strategy.
- Develop a pipeline for innovation across marketing channels, promotional offers and messaging, using A/B and multivariate tests to test hypotheses.
- Champion new opportunities within the digital landscape, staying on top of the latest trends and innovations.
- Partner with internal creative and brand teams to develop integrated marketing messaging and creative execution.
- Clearly communicate business requirements; partner with technology teams and external vendors to build software and processes to enable customer targeting/segmentation, campaign execution and measurement at scale.
- Promote continual creative improvement and lead programs to expected ROI with an understanding of cost of acquisition, retention and lifetime value.
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports and statistics to monitor and adjust key marketing programs in order to maximize growth.
- Mentor, motivate and develop relationships with team members and ensure they are set up for success.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent experience
- Strong analytics and experience with tableau or other data/ statistical programs
- 5+ years of experience in Acquisition and Retention Marketing
- A confident, dynamic leader. You’re known far and wide for your impressive relationship building skills.
- Self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects.
- An exceptional communicator and collaborator. You work effectively with all members of the organization and can present your thoughts to everyone individual contributors as well to top execs.
- Results oriented. You love to exceed set goals and take on new projects.
- A highly analytical thinker with a depth of knowledge in digital analytics, campaign tracking and ROI metrics.
- Data-driven with a consumer-first focus. You have a strong track record of driving growth and engagement for direct-to-consumer subscription product/services.
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
- Strong experience with a full digital ecosystem of paid media across ppc, display, paid social, seo, and site optimization.
- Proven ability to improve customer acquisition and retention at scale in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment.
- Hands-on experience with DMP/DSPs, SEM Platforms, digital analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Optimizely, etc.).
- Ability to influence, build business cases and clearly communicate business requirements to justify allocation of technical resources.
- Self-sufficiency with regard to reporting and analytics. Ability to build dashboards and reporting is essential.
- Demonstrated success creating customer-centric campaigns that speak to specific customer segments.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented orientation. Roll up the sleeves mentality where no job is too small and or too big. Having a solution mindset is essential.
- MBA (preferred)
- Experience with similar business models (preferred)
- Speaks a second language (preferred)
- Experience with hyper-local marketing (preferred)
- Experience with multicultural marketing (preferred)
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.