The Group: Morningstar’s mission is to empower investor success. With a rapidly growing business audience its essential that Morningstar creates a seamless experience for our buyers across multiple business units. The Morningstar Demand Generation Marketing group plays an important part in architecting campaigns and programs to create experiences that guide the buyer journey and deliver pipeline and revenue for the business.
Role: The role is responsible for ideating, strategizing, planning, executing, and managing integrated marketing campaigns to drive pipeline aligned to Morningstar’s ESG business. This role requires working cross-functionally across the Marketing organization, Sales, Business Development, Customer Success, Partner, Product, and other teams. You will play a strategic, collaborative role alongside business unit marketing teams to prioritize and devise campaign plans while executing them with regular oversight and reports on progress. You must be able to analyze data, identify trends and make data-driven decisions. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering strategic, ROI-driven lead generation programs that materially impact the bottom line.
- Work with ESG marketing teams to build effective campaigns to meet pipeline goals for new and existing business with a focus on persona and industry
- Responsible for the coordination, scope, and identification of resources needed to execute marketing programs designed to drive awareness, increase demand, and generate pipeline
- Oversight and coordination of business unit marketing calendar of campaigns to ensure operational alignment and efficiencies
- Work cross-functionally with various departments to execute integrated marketing campaigns specific to ESG solutions
- Execute campaigns to build awareness of Morningstar’s ESG capabilities, positioning the firm as an ESG leader
- Ensure all programs are adhering to goal setting, ROI, and delivery of success
- Work with ESG marketing teams to leverage appropriate content to support campaign effectiveness
- Test and measure campaign strategies to optimize performance and marketing channels and analyze campaign KPIs, providing feedback to various stakeholders for recalibration
- Support ESG event marketing initiatives with campaign planning, promotion, execution, and follow-up.
- Provide leadership for other marketers and campaign managers by sharing best practices and providing strategic guidance
- Provide and collect feedback to/from all stakeholders throughout campaign process
- 5+ years’ experience in B2B marketing with a strong emphasis on demand generation
- Extensive experience in creating and executing integrated campaigns, with a demonstrated track record of exceptional achievement in demand generation programs for high-tech B2B companies
- Strong project management skills and ability to use data to guide decision-making and resource allocation
- Hard-working self-starter able to navigate a fast-paced environment while still providing attention to detail and approaching tasks conscientiously
- Strategic, collaborative player who can plan (think) and execute (do)
- Ability to think outside of the box and innovate the art of marketing
- Proven track record managing multiple priorities with cross-functional teams
- Ability to articulate and present plans to sales leaders and executives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Financial services experience preferred