Sprout Social is seeking a talented demand generation marketer to join our team. This individual will be responsible for supporting our new business funnel by managing and executing strategic inbound marketing campaigns. You will work alongside your Marketing Acquisition teammates to develop programs that attract new users to the site, convert them into leads and qualified opportunities and partner with sales to turn them into paying customers.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who’s skilled at inserting themselves into initiatives and can execute projects from nuts to bolts. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and leaning in to solve hard problems. You’re as comfortable orchestrating webinars as you are running cross-functional campaigns. You’re also familiar with Salesforce and marketing automation technology (bonus if it’s Marketo).
Our marketing team has helped us reach over 25,000 customers worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. The strategic programs you create will have a direct impact on our customer growth.
We’re looking for a creative, collaborative, and entrepreneurial marketer to build with us. If you love building and executing innovative marketing campaigns with a best in class team, we’d love to talk to you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- You have: 3-4 years of proven success building innovative, impactful B2B demand generation campaigns
- You are: a motivated go-getter with excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- You can: provide detailed examples of demand generation programs you’ve run and success metrics to back them up
Within 1 Month, you will:
- Experience Sprout’s in-depth onboarding, covering everything from our company mission and values, hearing directly from executives and founders, to deep training on our products and the value that Sprout delivers to our customers
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout’s brand, values and processes
- Make a plan with your manager to set initial priorities, align on expectations for your role and learn about Sprout’s approach to marketing
- Meet with key partners in the Marketing organization to understand current goals, challenges and areas where segment strategy can provide the most value
Within 3 Months, you will:
- Know our customers - who they are, why they love us, how we can improve, what makes them tick, and how we can better support them
- Know our prospects - how people find Sprout, what pain points we solve for, which competitors we need to beat, why we win and lose deals
- Build a cadence of high-impact webinars from conception through tactical execution, including sourcing and coordinating with external speakers
- Create high-impact campaigns that attracts leads and drives conversions, and write copy for emails, landing pages, and ads
- Work closely with Content and Design teams to coordinate the creation of thought leadership content including guides, blogs and videos
Within 6 months, you will:
- Have a firm grasp on our business and understand your role in helping sales exceed its pipeline and revenue goals
- Increase marketing-generated leads and revenue through end-to-end ownership of the planning, execution and measurement of various lead acquisition channels to create a qualified lead pipeline for sales
- Establish a framework for a long-term, high-converting demand generation campaigns to attract and convert quality leads
- Report on campaign metrics and use data to guide strategic planning
Within 12 months, you will:
- Confidently run full-scale campaigns to engage prospects throughout the buying journey
- Have tested, failed, learned and applied new tactics into our marketing arsenal
- Continue to find new ways to educate and delight prospects
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit offerings like our parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best whether you are in an office or working remotely
- State of the art offices in cities where Sprout has physical locations (Chicago and Seattle) for those that prefer an office setting
- Solid programs in some of the staples: medical coverage, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application. If your state is listed, we're good to move forward. If not, we're not able to hire in your state at this time. If you'd like to stay in touch with us in case that changes in the future, please apply and we'll save your application for possible future consideration.