Purpose of the Role:
The Pampered Chef, a Berkshire Hathaway company, with offices in Addison, Chicago, and Shenzhen. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980 delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of independent consultants. Due to our expediential growth we are looking for a Demand Planner to optimize our Demantra demand planning system and expand our analytic and statistical approach to demand planning.
- Maintains, analyzes, and updates monthly item forecasts, including new products for all markets.
- Perform promotional analysis and develop promotional forecasts for all markets.
- Create analytical/statistical reports to support demand planning, such as forecasting exceptions and forecasting error.
- Provide analytical support with COGS planning.
- Maintain product maintenance systems and provide technical support with process improvements and demand planning initiatives.
- Review Demantra parameters and tune forecasting engine to improve forecasting accuracy and eliminate forecasting bias.
- Planning for international markets
Competencies for Success:
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Engagement
- Manages Ambiguity
- Plans and Aligns
Measures of Success:
- Improved Forecast Accuracy,
- Improved Inventory turns
- Improved Fill Rate
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's Degree (Mathematics a plus) or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience