Digital Channel Specialist, Zoro
Title: Digital Channel Specialist
Reports to: Sr. eCommerce Channel Manager
Location: Chicago, IL or Buffalo Grove, IL
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
We are looking for a highly motivated change agent who can collaborate with cross-functional teams, build and maintain vendor relationships, manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines. The ideal candidate is a creative problem-solver that will turn any challenge into an opportunity and is comfortable working with several moving pieces at once. Each day will bring a new challenge and this individual will need to be a self-starter who is eager to learn and can adapt quickly to change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This person will support, develop and grow some of our largest digital channels by:
- Identifying new products in the assortment and creating new product listings for them on Marketplace channels
- Supporting and working closely with Digital Channel Managers on various projects and daily tasks
- Optimizing current Marketplace product listings via product content, promotions, advertising and other opportunities
- Cross-collaborating with other internal departments such as Customer Service, Pricing & Merchandising on various projects
- Communicating and working closely with external vendors and partners
- Identifying key trends, issues and root causes and make recommendations for improvements
- May also own the day-to-day operations and relationship with 1-2 smaller Marketplace channels
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a business-related field
- 2+ years of work experience required in merchandising, product, marketing, or operations, preferably in an e-Commerce or retail environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Able to juggle several projects at once and shift back and forth between them
- Strong spreadsheet modeling (Excel pivot tables and vlookup) and presentation creation skills
- Basic understanding of statistics, testing methods and margin setting for promotions
- Experience using digital & web analytics and marketplace management platforms is a plus (Ex. Google Analytics, ChannelAdvisor, CommerceHub, etc...)
- Experience buying and/or selling on various channels as an individual or for a company is strongly preferred
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.