THE JELLYVISION LAB NEEDS A DIGITAL MARKETING AND LEAD GENERATION GURU FOR ALEX
Founded by the creator of the YOU DON'T KNOW JACK® game series, The Jellyvision Lab, Inc. creates virtual teachers, advisors, and salespeople who make online learning and decision making delightful. In all that we do, our goal is to make complex topics simple and boring material interesting, using a combination of great design, unexpectedly funny content, and serious technology.
Of all the virtual people Jellyvision has created, the tallest and least afraid of bears is ALEX® (www.meetalex.com). ALEX helps companies talk their employees through the tricky choices they’ll have to make, like picking a health insurance plan, deciding how much to put in the 401(k), or whether they might want extra life insurance. Our customers love ALEX because he helps their employees figure out what’s best for their personal situations, which, in turn, saves our customers a boatload of time and money - everybody wins! As we sell more and more of ALEX, we need more and more non-virtual (i.e., real life) people to keep the virtual ones amazing. That’s where you come in.
THAT’S LOVELY… BUT WHAT’S THE JOB?
We’re looking for an experienced digital B2B lead generation marketer who can help ALEX charm record numbers of prospects and meet aggressive customer acquisition goals. Someone who eats, drinks and sleeps all manner of lead generation nerdery: targeting, messaging, scoring, quality evaluation, content marketing, paid and organic lead acquisition, landing page development and optimization, analytics and testing. You will work closely with sales, marketing and analytics to set up a productive, results-focused and insights-driven lead gen practice from the ground up. And once that practice is set up, you’ll constantly improve it to beat the status quo for lead gen to support a very hungry sales force. Specifically, you’ll be in charge of:
- Providing our sales force with high quality, targeted online generated leads.
- Helping to inform automated email drip campaigns that are customized based on prospects’ actions (on site and in response to messaging) so sales can focus on the most qualified prospects.
- Setting up, managing and refining online marketing campaigns (in search, content syndication and social) that target our key prospects and turn them into qualified leads.
- Developing and implementing suggestions for web site enhancements – both for keyword-based content development and conversion improvements – that increase our inbound traffic and conversion.
- Producing and managing a system and dashboard that tracks leads, lead source, cost per lead and disposition of leads by day, week, month, quarter and year.
WHAT KIND OF SKILLS SHOULD YOU HAVE?
To be a good fit for this role, you should:
- Appreciate the web like a fine wine or a FlufferNutter® sandwich (i.e., be a great student and practitioner of internet, mobile and social marketing for lead generation).If you get jazzed thinking and talking about digital lead generation, optimization and how social and mobile media are changing the face of marketing, this may well be the job for you.
- Be a roll-up-your-sleeves kind of person who is focused on driving results – namely great leads that turn into sales. We have a very entrepreneurial, get-it-done culture that takes pride in strong work ethic and low tolerance for micromanaging or posturing. Actually, we barely even take pride in that, because that would be posturing, to some degree. Anyhow, to be direct: bureaucrats and middle managers need not apply.
- Have full use of both your right and left brain – monohemispheric candidates need not apply. You’ll need to rock the statistics and be data-driven, but you’ll also need to be able to deal with the creative side of marketing, because it’s everywhere here at Jellyvision. So you need to be able to transition seamlessly between right-brain and left-brain function with a smile on your face.
- Be able to write and talk good. Seriously, your written and oral communication skills should be really excellent. You’ll be a major information hub and will be interfacing with many different departments and internal folks, so your ability to communicate effectively, and delightfully, with folks coming from all different perspectives is key.
- Have strong business acumen and be a strategic and creative thinker. Someone who can mine data and the internet for business intelligence and insight and report it back to the team so we all get smarter and make better informed decisions? Yes, please.
- Have enough HTML-coding experience to be dangerous. And when we say dangerous, we mean that you can spin up a simple landing page and/or change one without relying on a designer or engineer. Not that you would actually be a danger to our online presence. That would be counter-productive, no? (This isn’t a super high priority, but it is a very nice to have).
- Have a sense of humor. It just makes you more fun to work with.
AND WHAT KINDS OF EXPERIENCE SHOULD YOU HAVE?
The ideal person will have had hands-on experience developing and running lead gen programs for B2B clients, with some knowledge of marketing automation platforms, SEO and Paid acquisition programs, content marketing and analytics. Bonus points for having worked with Salesforce. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of end-to-end lead gen experience. Experience in a B2B SaaS business is ideal, especially if that SaaS experience is in the healthcare/insurance benefits space selling to large employers, but we’re open to other lead gen experience that will transfer well.
- Proven success setting up lead acquisition plans that incorporate regular data-driven testing and refining, with demonstrated results that show you met the lead goals of the plan (or blew those goals out of the water).
- Strong knowledge of lead gen best practices that you can back up with examples of how you’ve successful implemented them in past roles.
- Fluent, hands-on experience with Google PPC, Analytics and SEO, familiarity with an enterprise marketing automation platform (bonus points for Marketo experience) with analytics integration and connection with a recognized CRM system (triple bonus points for Salesforce). Super strong knowledge and use of SEO, landing page creation, A/B testing and optimization tools.
- Experience creating or enhancing a lead scoring system and sales funnel analysis that led to better identification of more qualified leads and higher sales productivity.
- Managed a lead acquisition budget, especially if you can show how you’ve gotten results while coming in at or below budget. We’re looking for someone who likes to be scrappy.
Yes. We only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Jellyvision is a group effort and you must be capable of working collaboratively with creative, technical, and external client types. Everyone at Jellyvision shares a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay, stock options and benefits. 401(k) with matching. And we pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees (as long as you qualify for our tobacco-free discount; if you’re a tobacco user, your medical premiums will be higher than $0). We also cover a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for spouse/partner/dependent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we're a focused bunch), this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Easy transportation. We’re really close to the "L" and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the new Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods if that’s your kind of thing), and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. Since a number of our employees like to bike to work, we also have showers and lockers in the office.
- Did we mention our yoga class? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And you should know that we have a massage chair. And not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the HumanTouch HT 5320 WholeBody™ Massage Chair. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with free healthy snack foods, and we have a “hot lunch” catered once a week to give people a reason to hang out and eat together.
Great! We look forward to reading your application - make sure it includes:
- A cover letter that highlights three reasons you think you’d be great for the gig, focusing on how your past work experience has prepared you for this position. Writing is key to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily.
- Your resume.
You will receive an auto-reply confirming that we've received your application, and you will hear from us again after we've reviewed your application and decided whether or not to move you forward in our recruiting process.
No phone calls, please. Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!