Digital Marketing Manager
We are seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to drive company growth at the intersection of business, data science, and digital marketing. You will be responsible for customer acquisition and continued health of Brad’s Deals marketing campaigns across many different advertising platforms, managing large monthly budgets and optimizing and expanding the performance of the key channels. You will be creating new growth hypotheses, guiding the development of analytics dashboards, and ensuring that all necessary data integrity tests and KPI health thresholds are in place. You will work with a high-energy team of deal editors, engineers, designers, data scientists, and growth experts to envision, plan, test, scale, and optimize large-budget initiatives designed to reach consumers shopping online.
- Intellectually curious and possess strong analytical skills
- Passionate about data and digital marketing that delivers large and measurable results
- Always analyzing results and actively pushing new initiatives to drive growth and innovation in paid marketing
- Detailed-oriented and results-driven
- Strategic & tactical thinking – you get the smaller and the bigger picture
- A team player with a fantastic can-do attitude ("no" isn't in your vocabulary!)
- Execute customer acquisition campaigns across Google Adwords, Oath, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, Google Display Network, Outbrain, Taboola, and other programmatic channels
- Use a data-driven approach to identify, execute, and optimize digital marketing campaigns (paid search and paid social) for efficiency and scalability to acquire new users
- Deliver deep analysis of marketing spend across various channels to learn and identify the most effective strategies
- Constantly dive into campaign performance metrics to surface new learnings and drive continuous improvements to KPIs
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of marketing spend within budget; manage budget reforecast and variance explanations
- Improve performance through continual testing of keywords, imagery, ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, etc.
- Identify opportunities for campaign and process improvement, quantify impact, and drive implementation
- Stay atop the latest trends, ad platforms, ad formats, bidding methodologies and processes related to online advertising
- Monitor performance of our accounts, ensuring we are deploying a multi-million dollar budget efficiently and effectively
At a minimum, you have...
- 4+ years of experience, with a track record of building and scaling online marketing or user acquisition programs
- Strong skills in SQL and proven experience working with at least one of the major databases platforms
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Expertise in creating/driving quantifiable metrics/KPIs and leverage consumer data to find quality customers to acquire, engage, retain and reactivate through various marketing channels
- A lean, data-driven mentality and a strong bias for A/B testing and experimentation
- A strong knack for coming up with well-reasoned ideas for how to acquire and retain new clients
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and dive in on challenging, complex problems with no clear solutions
- Though this role will include a variety of training sessions for various skills, you must be a tremendous independent learner who is able to rapidly learn new skills with limited support or direction
- Strong bias towards action and a competitive, results-driven mentality. You must be extremely persistent by nature and unwilling to lose or leave problems unsolved
Since 2001, Brad’s Deals has been giving shoppers the upper hand by making it quick and easy to find the best deals. We meticulously compare prices, vet merchants, and improve our web and mobile platforms, so users get an awesome experience every time. Partnering with over 2,500 top retailers including Target and Amazon, we’re able to reach more than 50 million consumers a year.
An entrepreneurial spirit guides everything we do, making it possible for each employee to make a big impact here--one reason why we’ve been named among Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. Last year, Brad’s Deals also received Workforce Magazine’s Optimas Silver Award for our Women’s Tech Accelerator, which opens our office and resources to women-run businesses. Long story short: we think of a career here as a mutual investment. We're an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at work. Pay is competitive and full benefits are provided, including health, 401k, FSA, and a transportation pre-tax benefit. Learn more about perks here. We are conveniently located in Chicago's River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations.