Digital Product Manager, Supply Chain Innovation
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
At Univar Solutions our vision is to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet. We are seeking to add a Digital Product Manager – Supply Chain Innovation to our team. The Digital Product Manager will help the enterprise reach the next generation of digital transformation: a connected, transparent, and secure supply chain that reduces costs while improving order fulfillment efficiency and responsiveness. We are looking for genuinely curious thought leader who will immerse himself/herself in the supply chain to deeply understand challenges, opportunities, and to partner with customers in the supply chain. This critical role will lead a cross-functional team to create competitive advantage by leveraging connected devices along with intelligent digital capabilities and an optimized platform to capture and transform supply chain data. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a business/supply chain that is successfully deploying advanced digital capabilities and have the desire to deploy similar at Univar Solutions.
This role will be responsible for creating and owning the product roadmap to enable capabilities that reduce total cost to serve, improve On Time Delivery (OTD) and On Time In Full (OTIF), increase inventory turns, and reduce working capital. The incumbent will:
- Provide thought leadership: help define the product roadmap through deep business partnership with supply chain partners and assess opportunities using a hypothesis-driven approach focused on measurable, high impact outcomes.
- Deliver the strategy: identify where we will focus, how we will get there, and the sequence of activities required to meet our goals:
- Demand and supply planning
- Inventory visualization and asset management
- Order visualization, tracking and supporting documentation
- Emerging technology: AI, IoT, Blockchain
- Own capabilities: Continuously monitor, review, and improve people, process, technology, and assets used to create value for the enterprise including:
- Managing and improving data accuracy for invoicing, delivery options, order visibility & tracking
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in asset management from product containers to transportation
- Document processes, recommend and implement system and process improvements to enhance productivity
- Build the business case: Create justification for new investment / development; be accountable to deliver the proposed value, benefits, and objectives
- Socialize globally: Accelerate adoption in the enterprise globally
- Measure KPIs – defines and reports performance of leading and lagging indicators against goals
- Coach and manage team to install, test, and measure innovation pilots that will create increasing value through data capture and transformation
- Develop the product roadmap that identifies where we will focus, how we will get there, and the sequence of activities required to meet our goals. Create justification for new developments and drive a cross-functional team to deliver the proposed value, benefits, and objectives
- Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of the supply chain activities. Identify pain points in the process and work with internal partners to quickly implement testable solutions that remove effort and friction in the experience.
- Create tools and materials required to promote and socialize and implement supply chain capabilities throughout the enterprise
- Work with development partners to prioritize epics and user stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Capture customer insights and provide voice of customer feedback to enhance the digital product backlog
- Prepare and give detailed data-driven business reviews to senior leadership to provide visibility into progress, socialize learning, and drive additional investment / funding decisions
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Build business cases and present opportunities and ROI to gain necessary approval for investments.
- Measure and report performance of development efforts against business case assumptions.
- Manage projects / initiatives through the stage gate to ensure projects in portfolio optimized for needs of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, engineering, business or other related quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in new product introductions, procurement, supply planning, manufacturing, or finance.
- 5+ years of experience creating, iterating, and improving end-to-end global supply chains.
- Experience leading and/or collaborating with cross functional team to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Master’s in related field of study preferred
- Strong understanding of distribution industry
- Ability to effectively communicate and present to various levels of the organization
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
Required Specialized Knowledge/Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
- Understanding of SAP and/ or supply chain management software
- Experience working with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and / or connected devices to capture and transform data
- Experience working with product development lifecycle.
- Experience across industries in Supply Chain, Logistics and manufacturing software product management design and trends.
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Execution and Driving for Results
- Continuous Improvement
- Driving Innovation
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.