DIGITAL RECRUITMENT MARKETING CONSULTANT at Caterpillar
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Setting the Scene:
We’re building the most innovative, driven and engaged workforce in the manufacturing industry. As recruitment marketers at Caterpillar, the Employment Brand team tells the story of what it’s like to work at the world’s leading manufacturer. We’re looking for a Digital Recruitment Marketing Specialist to help us continue to attract and engage top talent through our initiatives.
Do you thrive in an environment where collaboration is at the heart of it all? Are you an expert in digital marketing, social media, candidate experience and analytics? If you’re a digital practitioner that’s looking to see your work make a direct impact with the team who does the work that matters, you should read on…
What You’ll be Doing:
Brand awareness. Talent attraction. Visual storytelling. Driving Data Based Decisions.
You’ll join our Employment Brand Team and report to the Employment Brand Manager. You’ll be our ultimate point person when it comes to analyzing and optimizing our branding and recruitment efforts. This role serves as the in-house expert in digital media content, uniquely positioned to blend your skills of creative and digital marketing within the HR space.
Here’s what that looks like for you…
Digital Marketing & Social Media:
• At the tactical level, you will own all data points of the candidate journey and pull them together in summaries large and small to articulate the success of recruitment marketing efforts across the enterprise
• You will have a robust understanding of paid digital marketing channels and experience optimizing them based on a specific set of needs. Expertise in recruitment marketing within digital channels is a plus.
• You will collaborate with the content coordinator to understand upcoming social content as well as articulate the engagement and success behind the organic and paid social content being delivered.
• You’ll work closely with the employment brand manager to inform a global media strategy.
• You’ll develop personas and segmented targeting to benefit the greatest hiring needs within the organization.
• You’ll make ongoing recommendations to implement new digital media tactics and best practices.
• Re-define our KPI’s and constantly measure, analyze, and report on digital campaign success, creating best practices for the TA Team.
• You’ll be able to see the big picture and create reports around social metrics, as well as our external and internal careers websites, and make recommendations based on the data to work towards business goals.
Website Maintenance / Virtual Events Manager:
• You’ll be the master of our careers related webpages. Analyzing google analytics and the candidate journey to inform our content team what works, what doesn’t, when we need updates & how we can continue to optimize and engage.
• You’ll become a subject matter expert for our segment recruitment teams on how they can best leverage our pages as a talent attraction mechanism and a call to action in their own efforts.
• With a strong understanding of how to visually engage candidates you will liase with global business partners to construct their own pop up digital marketing and virtual events as they align with the overall employment brand work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field & at least 3+ years of experience, working in Recruiting, HR, Marketing, or other creative fields OR Associate’s degree & 6+ years of experience working in Recruiting, HR, Marketing or other creative fields
- Experience in analyzing social media data and using that data to make calculated decisions on both paid and organic efforts.
- You’ve executed social campaigns from start to finish, have a strong sense of ownership and pride yourself in delivering high quality marketing, social, web, collateral copy and content.
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Knowledge of crafting custom assets for a consumer or employer brand. You apply out of the box ideas while maintaining brand guidelines and delivering on the brand promise.
- Understanding of digital marketing and how it impacts the job seeker’s experience as well as developing relevant content for a diverse audience.
- Skilled in digital production and post-production tools (Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, DSLR cameras, audio recording equipment, etc.)
- Familiar with social media management software and video hosting tools.
- You’ve been sitting in the digital marketing space and a fast pace excites you. You stay up to date with tech trends and what’s working in the recruitment marketing world.
- You’re the first to know about the latest updates across all social platforms, including algorithms, new media formats, trends, etc.
- Project management: You can seamlessly execute on multiple projects, at difference stages of completion, all at once.
- Creative problem solving: You find the fun in the challenge and working together.
- Flexibility: The ability to quickly change priorities. Did we mention pivot is one of our favorite words?
- Organization: Managing and archiving assets in our SharePoint site.
- Preferred Location: Peoria, IL or Deerfield, IL
- Remote work will be considered within the U.S.
- No relocation is offered
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.