Direct Mail Manager, Zoro at Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers more than 6 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
The Direct Mail Manager role is responsible for the planning and budgeting, strategy, testing, and execution of the direct mail channel. They will develop channel strategies and be responsible for driving revenue results as well as other key customer behavior metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Incorporate and translate business needs into a plan of practical, scalable solutions leveraging best practices of direct mail and multi-channel when warranted.
- Execute channel campaigns that achieve defined marketing goals & objectives.
- Work with multiple external printing vendors to execute direct mail campaigns, including static and digitally (dynamic variables) printed programs.
- Collaborate across various company departments to ensure mailfiles, data, analysis, design, and implementation are completed properly and on-time.
- Drive testing to improve direct mail results and complete understanding of all formats.
- Oversee and manage the budget, growth, and optimization of current programs and identify & evaluate new program opportunities.
- Optimize (cost & effectiveness) the delivery of direct mail campaigns and programs to achieve defined strategic marketing goals.
- Manage supplier relationships including print, paper, fulfillment, etc.
- Ensure direct mail channel expertise is shared to drive effectiveness in planning and strategic development.
- Participates in the business case process for new opportunities in media and ensure they align with customer strategies & objectives
- Partner with the Creative Services team and other internal business partners
- Out of the box thinker for solutions and ideas in the direct mail channel
- 5+ years direct mail experience
- Either on the client or agency side; experience in both a plus.
- 5+ years experience in all forms of production including: catalog, direct mail, paper, fulfillment, mailing, etc.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional organization.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentations
- Must be able to articulate a point of view clearly and effectively.
- Proven strategy formulation and the ability to translate into actions and outcomes.
- Must be proficient in understanding customer buyer behaviors, tendencies, as well as all areas of Marketing channels and messaging.
- Familiar with G-Suite a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills.
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.