Director Brand Strategy at closerlook, inc.
The Director, Brand Strategy will contribute as the strategic lead on various project teams that require pharma industry brand and marketing strategy expertise. This individual support a portfolio of pharmaceutical brands across their product life cycle and in various therapeutic areas. This key role will report into Senior Director, MCM Strategy.
- Serve as “hands-on” brand strategic lead on teams requiring pharma marketing expertise – e.g., annual tactical planning, persona development, launch strategy, commercialization, advocacy, new business pursuits, etc.
- Lead the generation of insight-driven recommendations using various inputs (primary research, secondary research, database data), including hypotheses and analysis plan development, recommendation formulation and presentation, as well as goal setting and measurement plans for results evaluation
- Communicate a thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotech/medical device product information: science, marketing initiatives, market research techniques, promotional venues, brand strategy, medical/legal requirements, future challenges and opportunities (scientific, medical, industry or competitive issues) that will influence the brand.
- Author and direct the creation of brand campaigns rooted in client objectives, audience insights, and a deep understanding of pharma marketing strategy across the full range of traditional and digital channels with demonstrable quantifiable impact.
- Connect patient marketing to HCP marketing in an integrated ecosystem, including advocacy partnerships and programs.
- Facilitate rich discussions with and lead presentations to clients and prospective clients regarding their current and potential brand campaigns and programs.
- Foster strong partnerships with internal (creative, account, marketing intelligence) and external (agencies, vendors) teams to create client-centric, results-driven programs and campaigns.
- Demonstrate a commitment to pharma and brand marketing thought leadership and share innovative POVs with internal and external teams.
- 7-10 years of working in pharmaceutical marketing or healthcare (HCP, patient, brand), minimum
- Previous pharmaceutical launch experience required
- Rare disease experience preferred
- 10-15 years of overall marketing experience, concentrated in digital
- 5 years working in an agency or consultancy preferred
- Experience leveraging research and data to create personas and patient journeys
- Proven experience presenting and engaging with clients
- High degree of audience and user empathy
- Design thinking with problem solving approach
- Expertise in one or more of the following competencies: patient or HCP marketing, pharmaceutical brand launches
- Master of Business Administration, marketing or related field preferred
ABOUT CLOSERLOOK, INC.
closerlook is a new type of marketing agency that helps biopharma brands make a difference in the lives of patients and those who care for them.
We focus on what matters most—the combination of better patient outcomes and bigger business impact.
Learn more at closerlook.com
EQUALITY FOR ALL: AT THE HEART OF WHAT MATTERS
- closerlook is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and physical ability. closerlook is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.