Director of Brand
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois is the integrated business manager of the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity, and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot is operating a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers, social responsibility and the state at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects, and special causes. Camelot is committed to building a progressive organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Marketing and Digital function will lead a programme to establish the Illinois Lottery brand through innovative, insight-led programs such as a new mobile first consumer experience, exciting games, social media and original advertising campaigns.
The role of the Director of Brand is to build and lead a new Brand department, with responsibility for re-establishing and re-launching the Illinois Lottery brand across all consumer facing touchpoints. The Director of Brand will define the brand vision for customers and other stakeholders, and instill it across the organization by working collaboratively across functions. He or she will lead the development and refinement of the brand’s messages, content and creative designs in order to attract new consumers and drive a positive re-appraisal of the brand with existing consumers.
The Director of Brand also plays a leading role in the establishment of brand across all channels, partnering with the sales and marketing departments to ensure a consistent and instantly recognizable brand position.
Acting as a steward for the Brand across the business, he or she will also work cross functionally to ensure that existing and new customer experiences align to the brand positioning and deliver on the brand promise.
- Overall responsibility for the Illinois Lottery brand, its design, positioning and presentation to consumers.
- Understand and define target consumers by maintaining brand and campaign specific research, including consumer insights, consumer segmentation and attitudinal studies that help shape the marketing strategy, mix and campaign plans.
- Develop and maintain a clear brand strategy that cascades throughout marketing, communications and channels, ensuring quality, consistency and delivery of the Brand’s purpose and positioning.
- Monitor key brand and customer performance metrics monthly and annually, reporting to the VP Marketing & Digital and other stakeholders on the performance of brand marketing initiatives.
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop the Brand team.
- Support the delivery of the annual marketing plan including strategy, objectives and associated activities for the lottery brand.
- Provide inputs to briefing, development and execution of the integrated consumer and channel marketing plans, and specifically all consumer-facing communications including brand creative.
- Create and maintain a brand toolkit and masterbrand/game brand playbooks for use across the organization and assist the strategic development of all communications with the support of agency partners and internal teams to deliver high quality campaigns.
- Create and shape content which will help to drive a reappraisal of the brand, its products and connection to the people of Illinois.
- 8+ years working experience developing creative and innovative brand strategies that heavily leverage online channels and facilitating highly effective brand content programs.
- Prior role as a Brand Director or Senior Brand Manager is required, including first-hand experience in brand development and positioning; and enterprise-wide delivery across all consumer facing touch-points.
- Track record of brand-led marketing campaigns within complex product organizations that have delivered a re-appraisal of the business and positive increases across consumer satisfaction measures and revenue.
- Brand and consumer marketing experience, with experience of multi-channel marketing and large-scale B2C retail markets.
- In depth knowledge of mobile, online and traditional advertising; CRM; social media and PR; creative marketing; retention marketing; etc.
- Strong skills in marketing analytics, customer and brand campaign research and methodologies.
- The personality and style to work collaboratively across the business to influence and persuade.
- Demonstrated expertise directing creative teams to successful outcomes.
- Experience developing and managing marketing budgets and forecast.
- An experienced marketing leader with demonstrable success in developing and re-energizing high profile brands..
- Experience developing brand and category strategies and vision, leading teams to execute against it, with a track record of transforming brand communications and trigger consumer re-appraisal
- Knowledge of the advertising creative development process and media marketplace to a sufficient level to be able to clearly direct advertising agencies and the internal team.
- High level of knowledge of communication evaluation processes and brand performance metrics to a sufficient level.
- Able to demonstrate a strong track record of leading teams, developing talent and inspiring creativity and innovation.
- Ability to construct presentations that are clear, persuasive and relevant to the target audience.
- Demonstrate an openness to learn from others and actively share knowledge and experience.
- Experience working within the Microsoft Suites and/or Google Suite technologies.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We’re a creative group of people at Camelot Illinois, passionate about our work. We are not interested in formality or too much hierarchy. We like to bring the best ideas forward as quickly as possible. We’re proud that we provide a lively and challenging environment for our teams to try new ideas and achieve their potential. If this sounds like a company you would thrive in, get in touch!
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.