Director of Channel and Partner Marketing
We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that happens to share some DNA (and a sense of humor) with the smash-hit trivia video game YOU DON’T KNOW JACK, created by Jellyvision's founder. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining.
We’re looking for a talented marketing director to build out and run our partner and channel marketing program, supporting our channel sales team and business partners with the strategy, messaging, tools, and campaigns they need to be successful. There is tremendous opportunity in this role: you’ll be creating and driving the marketing strategy and programs that supports a sales team of nearly 20 folks (a 300% increase from last year), reaches thousands of channel and partner stakeholders and helps to deliver millions of dollars of revenue. Your programs will be the driving force behind recruiting and onboarding new business partners, and you’ll be working with the country’s top 50 most influential and innovative brokerages, carrier partners and industry consultants. In other words, this is a big, exciting, impactful role.
Ideally, you’ll be partner-obsessed and have specific experience in leading the channel marketing function with strong knowledge of the health insurance and employer benefits industry. Ten plus years of experience strongly desired. Additionally, you’ll need to be entrepreneurial and someone who thrives on working within a lean, collaborative, super fun team.
In a nutshell, we’re looking for a person who is:
- Comfortable setting strategy and implementing tactics while working very closely with the sales teams. This role will have one direct report to start out, so you’ll have to be great at setting direction and making sure that your plans are executed. At times, this will require rolling up your sleeves and getting things done on your own. At Jellyvision, sales and marketing are BFFs. As the channel and partner marketing director, you’ll make sure you’re in lock step with the channel sales team’s needs and goals. You’ll partner very closely with sales leadership, especially the Director of Channel Sales, to make sure their team is on track to hit its goals by creating, communicating and executing a strong vision and plan.
- Great at developing and nurturing industry relationships. Because helping our channel partners crush their goals is so important to us, you’ll need to get on calls, go to conferences and present and represent Jellyvision (about 5-10% travel involved) and really get to know the key people at our strategic partnerships. Equally important will be driving partnership programming to make our channel champions successful with ALEX.
- A team and network builder, for direct reports, other people in the organization who will be supporting your efforts and our partners. Your direct team will be small, but you’ll have the mighty support and collaboration of some of the best creative and marketing talent in the city. You’ll need to have exceptional communication and influence skills across these groups to ensure that your initiatives are executed efficiently and effectively. Further, there’ll be opportunities to co-market with our partners to achieve mutual goals.
- Focused on driving measurable results.You’ll need to view your role’s success in the context of making our sales teams successful. Though we don’t take ourselves seriously, we take our business seriously, and we run it in a very “mathy” way. You’ll need to be comfortable identifying and holding yourself accountable to driving the activities that drive sales and be ready to make adjustments to your plan when things aren’t performing exactly as you’d expect.
- Jazzed by the idea of creating a new competency and expertise in channel and partner marketing at Jellyvision.The channel and partner segments are growing like crazy here at Jellyvision, so you’ll be plugged into this fast-moving train and asked to help develop and drive the direction and vision of it. You’ll need to be comfortable with a good amount of ambiguity as we continue to grow rapidly..
- Tuned into the big picture and all the details that make it up.You and your team will be responsible for creating marketing collateral that is both effective and delightful, including copy for emails, sales decks and one-sheeters. You’ll need to have a very clear understanding of partner and channel pain points, seasonal relevancy, and calls-to-action. Additionally, when sales needs come up, it’ll be crucial to understand what the marketing team has that can be deployed or re-worked to accomplish the goal.
- Comfortable balancing and coordinating with company leader and stakeholders. As we have stakeholders in many departments (creative, sales, product, project management, legal, etc.) you’ll need to make sure each stakeholder is heard, and then drive decisions.
- Biased towards action and doesn’t require much guidance. We’re moving pretty fast, and you’ll need to be comfortable choosing a point of view and a path forward with imperfect data. Our channel sales team has recently scaled up, and with growth naturally comes a (sometimes) steep learning curve.
- A servant leader – a good listener, humble, helpful, enabling, team oriented. We’re a humble crew. Our product and our company mission is about helping people. We want helper leaders on our team!
ANYTHING ELSE? Yes. We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
AND HOW DO I APPLY?
We look forward to hearing about you and what you do. Make sure your application includes:
- Your resume
You will receive an auto-reply confirming that we've received your application.
Please know that every single application we receive is read by a real live human being. However, that kind of thoughtful review takes time, so it may take us a little while to get back to you (but we will, we promise). In the meantime, NO FOLLOW UP PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS, PLEASE. It’s not that we don’t love hearing from you. It’s just that time spent responding to follow ups could be spent…well…reading your application. Please rest assured that if you received a confirmation from Recruiting Robot, we’ve got your application, and will get back to you really soon. We knew you’d understand.
If you still have pressing questions in the meantime, please feel free to check out our handy-dandy FAQ page (https://www.jellyvision.com/about-us/recruiting-process) !
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!