Director of Communications
The Director of Communications plays a vital role in our global marketing team with the responsibility to design and champion the iManage brand ensuring it reflects our culture and captures the hearts and minds of our customers and galvanizes the entire business behind that vision. Reporting to our Vice President of Marketing, the ideal candidate will be a creative team player with excellent cross-functional leadership skills to build a unified message, deep experience in building brands for inB2B enterprise software markets, and an excellent communicator and relationship-builder.
As a leader in our organization, you will be responsible for transforming our brand and communication strategies through brand management, public relations, social media, and digital marketing. You will work to ensure messages are compelling, appropriate and consistent with the overall brand and product messaging, working in close partnership with our external PR and creative agency partners. You will help mentor the product marketing and regional campaign teams to ensure they embody the unified brand.
- Craft and champion a brand that captures the hearts and minds of our customers and unifies the entire business.
- Develop, implement and drive iManage communications strategy, identifying key objectives, messaging, deliverables and appropriate channels to market
- Design the over-arching campaign framework for the business and manage the brand campaign
- Increase brand preference by increasing awareness in key global market segments (Legal, Corporate Legal and other departments, Financial Services) through press and technology/market/industry analyst relations activities
- Act as the primary point of contact for key external media and analysts
- Develop compelling and engaging stories and themes that position iManage as a thought-leader in its chosen markets in collaboration with our Product and Regional Marketing teams
- Ensure that key customer successes are communicated to the marketplace by driving an aggressive customer reference program
- Collaborate with Marketing Operations team to build comprehensive tracking, reporting and analysis of coverage and content across all media platforms (PR, digital, social, etc.)
- Manage small team of direct reports for PR, copywriting and content managers.
- BA/BS Degree in business, communications, or marketing with an emphasis in digital media, social media, PR or related field
- 5-10 years of corporate communications experience with a b2b enterprise SaaS company; preferably within the legal or financial vertical or enterprise content services solutions.
- Experience creating and implementing proven successful strategies to generate market awareness and develop thought leadership
- Proven ability to develop productive relationships with media and analysts
- Strong attention to detail to ensure all communication is crisp and accurate
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills, gaining support and trust across the organization to achieve agreed upon business outcomes
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas in written, presentation and spoken formats to a variety of audiences, including customers, partners, sales, analysts, journalists
- Outstanding project management skills and the proven ability to manage multiple complex initiatives