Overview: Morningstar Investment Management is committed to creating great products that help investors reach their financial goals. For the investors, institutions, and advisors who prefer to entrust their investment management decisions to us, we support them by delivering long-term investment results. Our Investment Management Marketing team is critical to achieving this goal. We seek to demystify investing through transparency and understanding of our core investment principles, which drive every investment choice we make. We accomplish this through communications that balance openness and accessibility with authenticity and accuracy, while respecting the regulatory requirements and industry practices that define our market.
Role: We are looking for a marketing leader who is passionate about storytelling and creating relevant and engaging content. As Director of Content Marketing, you will champion our narrative and the content that fuels our marketing efforts, bringing a holistic and unified approach to content development and distribution—an overarching strategic approach to content that aligns with the business and marketing objectives. This role will focus on mapping out strategy and creating content strategy that supports and extends our marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term. Outside of marketing, this role will build strong relationships with investment and research teams to develop industry-leading insights around three key areas: the markets and economy, investment strategies and opportunities, and research. This position will help ensure that we can reach, educate, inspire and convert our target audience through best-in-class content strategies. This role will enhance our content strategy that encompasses a broad set of narratives in the industry, but also engages via the right mediums articles, webinars, video, podcasts, other digital distribution methods. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- Develop content strategy and calendar that aligns with short- and long-term marketing objectives
- Collaborate with marketing, design, investments, research and product colleagues to plan and develop site content, style and layout and the support of campaigns and programs
- Produces (write, edit, and project manage) engaging content for a variety of audiences—advisors and their clients and prospects.
- Edit, proofread, and improve contributor content and ensure brand consistency
- Develop and maintain social media strategy and other marketing channels (ie podcast, videos, blogs, infographics and other data visualization) to promote and ensure optimal delivery of content aimed at increasing brand awareness and web traffic from our target audience across multiple channels.
- Optimize content according to SEO, providing guidance across marketing programs.
- Be a key generator of developing topics and new ideas to increase engagement with our content.
- Help build feedback loops of data and insights to improve key editorial decisions.
- 7+ years marketing and/or journalism experience, with skillsets in content creation and editing.
- Must have proven success at driving content strategy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, and the ability to interface directly with internal and external collaborators.
- Deep expertise of Finance, knowledge of the asset management industry is preferred.
- Experience with organic and paid distribution, paid media and editorial calendars.
- Social media expertise across all platforms.
- Copywriting expertise in both long form and shorter than short form (tweets, social media content).
- Technologically savvy with ability to learn and manage content management system to support content strategy initiatives.
- Ability to be organized in a high-energy, dynamic environment with competing priorities simultaneously.
- BA/BS degree, MBA or master’s in journalism, communications or marketing a plus.