SMS Assist is looking for a Director of Content Marketing to join our growing team!
The Director of Content Marketing is responsible for collaborating across functions and silos to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet business objectives. The role requires a brand publisher mindset: create the content our audiences need and then to optimize the path to conversion.
This is an entrepreneurial and managerial role in a growing team and will report directly to the CMO. The Director of Content Marketing will create an approach to write, edit, source, develop and amplify a stream of thought leadership content, including video – proactively driving strategy and the formation of cross-organization relationships to accomplish goals. The Director of Content Marketing will own development and content creation for website, client-facing newsletters, blogs, white papers, webinars, research reports, infographics, case studies, social media channels, and more.
· Management of Marketing Campaigns: responsible for developing, coordinating and optimizing a variety of marketing campaigns including website content, case studies, email, social and digital. Ability to adapt quickly changing priorities of the organization and prioritize initiatives accordingly.
· Content Marketing: assist with building and managing an editorial calendar that engages a qualified audience. Help manage a range of content from website, landing pages, blog posts, training guides, whitepapers, e-books, social posts, emails, newsletters, ads, testimonials and more. Able to bring to life inspiring content with interesting viewpoints, data, and industry trends.
· Marketing Automation Platform Management: work within our marketing automation platform, HubSpot, to launch, track, analyze and optimize our marketing initiatives.
· Online Reputation Management: Manage Awards, PR calendar, and Executive Speaking program. Work with our Online Reputation Management software to manage the company’s online reputation and ensure both positive and negative feedback are handled appropriately.
· Social Media: Develop and oversee social media program.
· Editorial requirements: include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Development of editorial governance so content is consistent in brand voice, style and tone.
· Editorial calendar: organizational workflows must be developed and managed.
· Channel management: of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email / newsletter distribution. This person must understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why.
· Measurement and optimization of the program will be required on a regular and ongoing basis
· A team player, able to earn the confidence of others
· Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data-driven decision making
· Ability to multi-task effectively and adapt to quickly changing priorities
· Action-oriented, results-focused and metrics-driven
· High organizational and time-management skills
· Skillful, creative and thoughtful writer with attention to detail
· Ability to swiftly interpret feedback and execute accordingly
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Writing, or equivalent
· 10+ years of professional marketing experience
· Previous experience using a marketing automation platform
· Previous experience managing a team of 5+
· Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
· Basic understanding of various marketing channels (email, social, paid, direct mail, SEO, etc.)
· Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
· Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
· Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
· Experience with WordPress, Google analytics, and the top social channels
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
· This is a full time, exempt position
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.