ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 90,000 businesses in 161 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 90,000 today to millions.
As the Director, Corporate Marketing, you will lead the team responsible for building the ActiveCampaign brand and sharing the AC story globally. This role will successfully promote the company through a strong PR and communications program, an engaging corporate website, a dynamic brand and unique corporate events for users and prospects. The qualified candidate will be a driven and engaged senior leader with a successful track record of building and leading, brand, global programs and PR globally. Reporting to the CMO, the Director, Corporate Marketing must have experience across public relations, brand development, creative, digital marketing, social media, and thought leadership campaigns.
What your day could consist of:
- Own press strategy and program, including development of key press assets and pitch materials; working with external agencies as needed
- Define and execute corporate marketing and brand strategy, resulting in consistent branding, messaging and positioning
- Create and execute a customer marketing strategy that builds on the success of ActiveCampaign customers
- Operate a digital plan that expands the reach and recognition of AC and educates the market on AC ‘s unique market position
- Manage corporate communications including executive communications, messaging development, and PR
- Define and deploy best practice processes for supporting broad array of creative requirements from the marketing team
- Support functional groups with marketing services such as creative, writing, event planning, and video
- Manage, build, and lead a strong team by coaching and developing
What is needed:
- 10+ years of experience in corporate marketing in the software industry
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open core software a plus
- Solid track record of successfully scaling marketing efforts in a growth-oriented company
- Skilled and proven experience bringing new campaigns and ideas to life
- Track record of evolving a brand’s position to a new market category that aligns it with current market and customer priorities
- History successfully utilizing events as a key platform for growth in the awareness and demand generation
- Proven track record developing and executing successful B2B corporate communications, content and brand campaigns
- Proven track record in building, getting buy-in and executing marketing plans, and staying focused on “getting it done” in a fast-moving, technical environment
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in a fast-moving startup environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- Comfortable using data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy development.
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.