Director - Creative Marketing at Tribune Publishing
The Dir- Creative Marketing responsible for development of consumer marketing campaigns for the company’s brands across the country – including Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, Baltimore Sun, Hartford Courant, Allentown Morning Call, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida Sun Sentinel, the Daily Press (Va.) and Virginian-Pilot. The role will play a key role in the development of creative that fuels the company’s digital growth efforts.
The Director of Creative Marketing will work directly with a team of marketing strategists to develop campaigns for use across all markets, as well as delivery of requests for work that arise for market-specific needs. The Dir. will manage an internal team of two designers, as well as coordinate among a stable of agency and freelance talent when needed.
The Dir. will report to the VP, Consumer Marketing.
- Lead team of 2 internal designers and coordinate across several freelance, contract, and agency engagement on consumer marketing campaigns – with a focus on digital and print design
- Define our “internal agency” expectations for quality, consistency, and timeliness of deliverables
- Coordinate fulfillment of marketing assets from concept development, feedback/revisions, and production
- Work with team of marketing strategists to develop campaign creative that meets specific objectives
- Solidify visual standards, design expectations, and brand consistency when working with designers, freelancers, and agencies
- Provide design feedback on all campaign assets, with attention to visual details, readability, and channel context (e.g. does design work for its intended medium – print, digital, email, etc.)
- Work with designers and agencies to pitch creative concepts, justify creative decisions that connect to the strategic brief
- Manage deliverables and meet deadlines for production through our project management software system (Workfront)
- Identify tradeoffs and work to negotiate deadlines to account for shifting priorities or deadlines
- Ability to identify when projects are at risk/behind schedule and proactively manage stakeholder expectations when required
- Ability to think creatively while maintaining a perspective on the intention of the creative work
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality work in a high-volume, multiple-project environment
- Ability to summarize stakeholder feedback and turn it into actionable creative outputs
- Strong communication skills – with focus on making Creative Brief meetings effective conversations to align goals and resources
- Ability to present concepts and relate creative choices to the intended impact of the campaign
- Prior experience managing a budget and allocating work effectively to freelance or outside agencies as workload and budget allows
- Demonstrated capability of managing creative output through a project management system (specifically Workfront a big plus)
- Fluent in InDesign and Adobe Suite
- Familiarity with using project management software to manage tasks, timelines and resource allocations
- Past experience in digital marketing, online marketing or direct marketing is preferable