Director, Demand Generation at Epsilon (Chicago, IL)
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Summary of the Role
The Director of Demand Generation will be responsible for creating scalable demand generation to drive new business and cross-sell marketing campaigns supporting Epsilon PeopleCloud, our industry leading marketing technology suite of SaaS products and digital media solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Scale a systematic improvement of all demand gen and ABM programs prioritized relative to revenue potential or strategic impact to drive greater adoption Epsilon PeopleCloud product suite by clients and sales teams.
- Establish a clear set of KPIs and build alignment and rigor around staff and resource prioritization to establish ongoing clarity and trust with executive staff and cross-functional partners.
- Lead a demand generation team, partnering closely with product and vertical marketing, marketing operations, analytics, business development and client teams to drive sales growth and marketing ROI.
- Own campaign tracking, communication of program reporting and ROI in partnership closely with sales, analytics, operations, product and vertical marketing teams.
- Instill a reporting and communication cadence, while building a clear understanding of demand gen goals, campaign and channel metrics and ROI across the organization.
- Translate our revenue and pipeline goals into demand generation targets (including # of qualified opportunities, # of meetings, pipeline acceleration and close-won revenue).
- Plan, execute, optimize and measure the lead gen roadmap across the customer lifecycle to achieve organic new business and cross-sell/up-sell revenue targets against
- Develop the appropriate mix of paid and organic tactics (in partnership with other channel stakeholders) aligning solution, vertical, channel, content and creative to drive marketing ROI.
- Shift the perception of marketing from a cost-center to a revenue partner.
- Own annual pipeline planning process, create and maintain funnel model, and produce performance reports against the targets.
- Management of all inbound and outbound demand generation channels, such as email, direct mail, digital advertising, SEO, virtual events and more.
- Further define and scale ABM and lead nurturing campaigns based on target buyer personas and real-time measurement based on lead quality and conversion.
Ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience driving measurable operational improvements and efficiencies across planning, staffing and resource allocation processes.
- A highly organized, self-motivated, resourceful leader with emotional intelligence and the ability to juggle multiple priorities, communicate effectively, build collaboration between cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills when determining how to best optimize marketing plans and resource optimization.
- Proven ability to measure success through clear KPIs and measurement.
- Strong ability to collaborate and influence C-level executives.
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to alignment while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- 12+ years’ experience in a B2B marketing organization, preferably in fast-moving marketing services, enterprise SaaS companies or advertising technology organizations.
- Should have representative scale experience of a 100M+ book of business.
- A results-driven marketer passionate about demonstrating value to your stakeholders.
- An experienced people leader who has driven strong team alignment and culture, has functioned as a player-coach to roll up their sleeves with a proven track-record.
- Thrives in fast-paced environments, are flexible and able to adapt to changing scenarios, someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done.
- Experience to drive prioritization and efficiency across multiple market segments and go-to-market directions (product and vertical led, enterprise and mid-Market), with a solid understanding of how each works.
- A change agent: that sees ‘ambiguity’ as an opportunity as opposed to a hurdle, thrive on challenging yourself to push beyond conventional thinking.
- Experience in defining and implementing optimal lead management processes and resources- including taxonomy, lead flow processes, SLA requirements with sales, SFDC compliance.
- Proven experience in identifying and implementing new tools, technology and platforms to scale processes, learning and campaign effectiveness.
- Experience with Salesforce, Eloqua, Hubspot and ABM tools.
- Ability to manage the budget process, including understanding of basic finance principles.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.