Director, Demand Generation at Litera
Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving more than 90% of the world's largest law firms, hundreds of thousands of lawyers use our software every day. As a company recognized as one of the best places to work, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
This individual will report to the SVP, Marketing, and you will be a crucial member of Litera's marketing leadership team and help integrate the company's value propositions into the buyer's journey. You'll be a data-driven marketing leader in this role to generate MQLs, SQLs, and marketing influenced pipeline to scale customer revenue growth efforts to support global sales targets. In this critical role, you will build and develop a team that designs and executes world-class demand generation campaigns to include product marketing, thought leadership, and content marketing programs. You will possess strategic and analytical marketing understanding and a proven track record managing marketing budgets and measuring marketing ROI. You are eager to expand Litera's brand awareness, educate and capture buyers' interest, and ultimately build a marketing influenced pipeline to exceed revenue targets.
The ideal candidate has experience building and leading a global demand generation or field marketing team and acting as a strategic business partner to regional sales leaders. You have experience navigating a matrix-driven organization and operating at a strategic level, as well as supporting your team with hands-on marketing programs execution. Preferably, you understand working in legal practice, LegalTech, FinTech, Enterprise Software, or SaaS companies to effectively share personal experience and be passionate about solving real-world problems that lawyers face every day.
A Day in the Life:
- Build and mentor a high performing global Demand Generation team
- Define demand generation strategies in alignment with international business priorities and partnership with Product Marketing, Field Marketing, Marcom, and Sales teams; supporting established revenue growth KPI targets across multiple business units and products
- Proactively identify opportunities to better support field sales motions to generate top of the funnel pipeline and accelerate opportunities through the sales cycle
- Actively manage the demand generation budget and implement budget operations and forecasting excellence
- Work closely with Account Development Representative (ADR/BDR) team to improve MQL and SQL conversion rates and lead handling processes
Within 1 month, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with Litera's products by pair-programming with cross-functional teammates, attending training sessions presented by your peers, and completing product certification in the Learn.Litera LMS
- Meet your global cross-functional teammates and learn the nuts and bolts of our business and future vision
- Define and implement an integrated demand generation strategy across the organization. Lead the global marketing programs calendar; work tightly with cross-functional teams to drive planning cadences and best practices
- Partner with the Field Marketing and Product Marketing teams to deliver a comprehensive portfolio of one to many localized marketing programs that leverage and extend globally integrated marketing programs
Within 3 months, you will:
- Work cross-functionally with the sales and ADR teams to align on enterprise account strategies and communicate ABM campaign performance
- Develop ambitious, innovative campaign themes and persona-based messaging that supports the product vision and regularly iterate and refine those messages based on results
- Proactively drive the coordination with regional Field Marketing & Customer Advocacy and Sales Enablement teams to deliver fully integrated marketing programs globally and locally
- Create a comprehensive demand generation predictive marketing model for each business unit to meet or exceed annual and quarterly demand funnel marketing KPIs
Within 6 months, you will:
- Implement best practices to track marketing programs and related digital marketing campaigns to demonstrate effective demand funnel KPI measurement
- Expand Litera's brand awareness into new geographical markets
- Develop a regular update cadence with sales leadership on marketing program impacts, plan deliverables, and timelines
- Demonstrate the ability, determination, and tenacity to move major initiatives forward and drive focus while consistently thinking of the bottom-line impact
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience; Master's degree or MBA strongly desired
- 10+ years of relevant, B2B marketing experience, with a preference for candidates with experience in hyper-growth technology companies
- Ability to hire top talent and shown success in team building, day-to-day management, mentorship, and coaching
- Inspirational leader, collaborative, and empathetic demand generation team leader who develops a creative and results-driven culture that inspires people to do their best work
- Consistent track record of delivering marketing influenced pipeline growth and return on investment on budget
- Intellectually curious and passionate about delivering meaningful results
- Willingness to have fun, laugh, and be part of a great team invested in collective success
- Analytical to determine marketing effectiveness and ROI of customer engagement efforts
- Thrive in a dynamic, agile, and fast-paced environment
- A strong desire to keep learning new things!
What Sets us Apart?
- You will be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills
- Excellent health benefits, PTO, holiday policies, & more!
- Opportunity to make a difference in a rapidly growing company
- Support and collaboration across the company
- Casual and flexible work environment