Director of Demand Generation
Walker Sands is seeking an ambitious, talented and martech-savvy director of demand generation who truly understands how great marketing can transform businesses.
If you strive to be in a collaborative environment with talented, creative people providing real, measurable business impact through effective, innovative and integrated marketing programs, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. Walker Sands provides a work environment that is highly entrepreneurial and employee-loving where you can make a difference in employees’ lives and clients’ businesses.
The director of demand generation will lead our search engine optimization, paid digital marketing, marketing automation, and demand generation teams to deliver business-focused results for our clients across a variety of programs. You will be responsible for staffing, high-level channel strategy, planning, and program development across all of our demand generation offerings. Working with various demand generation staff and account management teams, you’ll put a strategy in place that helps our clients meet their marketing and business goals, work with the teams to implement the right tactics, and track results to ensure those goals are met.
The ideal candidate has:
- 8-12 years of digital marketing experience, both agency and in-house
- Experience with B2B marketing technology and approaches including account based marketing, marketing automation, search/social/display advertising, email marketing, SEO, landing page optimization, conversion rate optimization, content marketing, lead nurturing and CRM
- Track record of leading a team to deliver stellar B2B marketing results, creating measurable and real business impact
- Proven ability to identify business goals and translate them into actionable cost-effective demand generation strategies
- Ability to summarize and effectively communicate business oriented KPIs to various internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional problem solving and reasoning skills, as well as a positive, can-do attitude
- Ongoing marketing program optimization experience that improves desired marketing or business results
- Strong understanding of how marketing can directly impact all the stages of the sales funnel and customer journey for prospects and accounts
- Experience in selling, internally or externally, the value of digital transformation, marketing and CRM solutions to decision makers such as directors, VPs and c-suite executives
- Experience managing and leading a team of marketing professionals, responsible for their development including coaching and mentoring
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with prospects, clients, stakeholders, direct reports and cross-department team members
As the leader of the demand generation team, the director will also be responsible for hiring, coaching and mentoring team members. You will assist the demand generation functional team leads in managing and growing their teams, offerings, and clients. As a leader in our integrated agency, you will serve as an enthusiastic advocate and thought leader in the digital space and work closely with employees across the agency to strengthen and grow our client’s digital strategies and offerings.
The director of demand generation will also be heavily involved in selling and pitching our digital offerings. From qualifying leads and running discovery calls, to developing strategies and presenting to prospects, you will work with senior members across the agency to attract and close new business.
This position requires a deep understanding of:
- Best practices around demand generation channels, strategies, and tactics including KPIs, tracking and reporting
- B2B demand generation trends, with a focus on strategies, tactics and technology
- Budgeting, processes, and campaign implementation in an agency setting
- Martech stack technology, trends, benefits, selection, implementation and ongoing management
- How sales and marketing must align to increase sales pipelines and closed business
- People management, interpersonal and relationship development skills
Interested in learning more before you apply? Check out the award-winning demand gen and digital marketing programs we execute here.