Director of Demand Generation
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. With almost 1M active users last year, we incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history. After just closing a $20 million series C round of funding, we’re fueled for growth. We’re ready to enhance our product offering, extend our position in the education and training industry, and scale our (humble) team.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
As our Director of Demand Generation, you will lead and grow a team of digital marketers to develop comprehensive, full-funnel demand generation strategies encompassing various media channels. You are responsible for optimizing performance across acquisition channels while achieving acquisition target goals. You have a growth mindset and enjoy taking a hands-on approach to everything you do.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Lead and grow a team of digital marketers to develop comprehensive, full-funnel demand generation strategies encompassing digital media, social media, programmatic, email, influencer marketing, native advertising, sponsorships, and shared media
- Oversee demand generation management, including the design and operation of relevant dashboards and reports, as well as implementation of standard practices
- Maintain accountability for making sure that customers and prospects can find us in the relevant places, when they need to and where they are looking for a solution like ours
- Take a hands-on approach with integrated campaign development and execution
About the team:
Here at BenchPrep, the marketing team drives the growth of our business. We are strong, dynamic, and wear many hats. True to startup culture, we aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to get the job done. We are inspired by a shared mission to help millions learn better and faster through our unique platform.
- Have 7-10 years experience running B2B demand generation programs, tech company experience strongly preferred
- Have 7-10 years of leadership experience, with proven capabilities of growing and developing a team, within a marketing function
- Have demonstrated expertise and hands-on experience executing and measuring campaigns with marketing automation, ideally HubSpot
- Be a subject matter expert in email marketing, digital marketing and measurement
- Have demonstrated marketing expertise in driving and analyzing online traffic
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.